Ayy

Evidence against Permutation arguments, and strong evidence showing why role-playing debate (as politicians ofc) is good/better than any alt.

I'm looking for solid evidence to be used when I encounter permutations while running kritiks on the neg. I'm looking for evidence similar to the one said here at 2:29, when spurlock goes into talking about how the 1AC invites ad hoc rationalization:

Also, do any of you think that would be good evidence against an attempt to perm a kritik, and are there any better ways to deal with them?

In regards to the evidence showing that role-playing as politicians is good, I want to be able to show that utilizing bureaucratic language is the only way to effectively challenge inequality. Anything similar to 4:25-5:00 and 5:43 in this vid: 

is muy bien.
  • Upvote 1

when reading a good K, perms are either severance or another link. I have plenty of evidence on hand about how attempts to include (perm) the movement i advocate for in the existing system are symptomatic of late stage coloniality.

I understand that perms generally have to deal with severance of links, I don't want anyone to essentially say "we agree with the issue, but we should deal with it after this plan is passed, the judge should vote in favor of (the kritik) in every round after this". I want cards similar to the ones spurlock said cause I want to have good warrants when I point out the hypocrisy and the danger of thinking the same way the aff does. Also I'm not cheating, those speeches were from 2013 and I'm asking if anyone would be kind enough to provide specific cards against perms and kritiks similar to those referenced by spurlock. My speech and debate team's (even though top 3 in the country) policy team has had little exposure to kritiks and I want to change that and develop good responses, after watching spurlock's speeches, I thought they bolstered extremely effective arguments.

II want cards similar to the ones spurlock said cause I want to have good warrants when I point out the hypocrisy and the danger of thinking the same way the aff does.

Those are your links. Your links are the best cards a K will ever have, and you should apply the warrants and impacts in the context of the permutation.

If you get the tag and the cite for the perm answers I can find you the specific cards Spurlock read. (I'm too lazy to actually watch the video)

Oh sorry if I wasn't clear, I meant that it would be a really solid response to point out the hypocrisy enatailed when an aff team goes for a time frame perm against a kritik that is completely contrary to their narriative within a 1ac.

Oh sorry if I wasn't clear, I meant that it would be a really solid response to point out the hypocrisy enatailed when an aff team goes for a time frame perm against a kritik that is completely contrary to their narriative within a 1ac.

I know what you said - that's what your link evidence is for.

• Upvote 1

As a Discordian, this evidence offends my heart, but here you go.

A combination in moral theories justifies self-serving actions such as the aff

Lupisella and Logsdon 97 (“DO WE NEED A COSMOCENTRIC ETHIC?” MARK LUPISELLA{University of Maryland} and JOHN LOGSDON {Director, Space Policy Institute, The George Washington University}November 1997)

Steve Gillett has suggested a hybrid view combining homocentrism as applied to terrestrial activity

combined with biocentrism towards worlds with indigenous life.32 Invoking such a patchwork of theories to help deal with different domains and circumstances could be considered acceptable and perhaps even desirable especially when dealing with something as varied and complex as ethics. Indeed, it has a certain common sense appeal. However, instead of digging deeply into what is certainly a legitimate epistemological issue, let us consider the words of J. Baird Callicott: “But there is both a rational philosophical demand and a human psychological need for a self-consistent and all embracing moral theory. We are neither good philosophers nor whole persons if for one purpose we adopt utilitarianism, another deontology, a third animal liberation, a fourth the land ethic, and so on. Such ethical eclecticism is not only rationally intolerable, it is morally suspect as it invites the suspicion of ad hoc rationalizations for merely expedient or self-serving actions.33

Edited by Chaos
  • Upvote 1

when reading a good K, perms are either severance or another link. I have plenty of evidence on hand about how attempts to include (perm) the movement i advocate for in the existing system are symptomatic of late stage coloniality.

It doesn't matter if the perm is severance: That's just theory. The link debate however only matters if the Negative can prove that the K MUST COME FIRST in the round. For me the perm debate sounded sketch and also not very well founded. Usually I will give two or three reasons:

A. The perm is impossible.

B. The perm links to the K.

C. The perm is a culmination of what we are trying to kritik (Ex. White Fluidity in term of Anti-Blackness).

This strategic approach gives the judge multiple reasons that the Perm itself is bad and also not a viable option in the round, forcing him/her to vote for the Kritik with no option to even consider the Perm. I've spent 4 minutes of the speech on Perms because it is probably the easiest way you can lose the round.

The perm is always a viable possibility for the judge and that's why even if they are being crushed on the Alt and link debate and losing their case, the Perm can still win.

Edited by LeKritiker
  • Upvote 1