This summer, I'll be a rising junior and I have a bit of a camp dilemma. I would really like to be in the Berkeley-Gonzaga swing lab, but I would have to miss the first week. I'm also considering DDI, which doesn't start until later in the summer so I wouldn't have to miss any. I know both are pretty good camps, and I just don't know if missing the first week (and still having to pay for it) would be worth it for swing. Any input would be much appreciated.

I heard DDI was not all that great this year. Its not fact, but I just know that some of the files they put out were not superb. UTNIF also has camps later in the summer and had some of the best College Debaters leading the labs (i.e. Brad Boldman, Harvard BoSu). 

Yeah, I agree with Kyler, FYI you might want to rethink what you will be sacrificing the first week of Berkeley-Gonzaga swing lab.

• Upvote 3

Yeah, I agree with Kyler, FYI you might want to rethink what you will be sacrificing the first week of Berkeley-Gonzaga swing lab.

What do you mean about rethinking?

I believe he means to say that you should incorporate what you THINK you'll miss from the 1st week of the Berkeley/Gonzaga Debate Camp into your decision of whether or not you should attend it anyways or going to a camp that fits your schedule (i.e. you won't miss).

Yeah, literally what Theparanoiacmachine because is the camp really worth it if you miss a WHOLE week? And then on top of that, have catch up work to do!

Edited by Juan
  • Upvote 3