verno

Lacan Resource Antiblackness

I read pessimism and have read about 95% of Red, White, & Black, and I understand most of it except for all the bits where Wilderson goes into excruciating detail about psychoanalysis and all the passages about the analysand and the analyst, Full speech, empty speech, egoic monumentalization, etc.

I want to add psychoanalysis to my debate arsenal (being able to cut those passages and make a 1NC that's purely Wilderson's application of psychoanalysis). I was wondering if anyone had some resources that I could use to learn (the more specific to Wilderson the better) his application of Lacanian psychoanalysis.

Honestly Wilderson strays from lacanian psycho, although it still incorporates the concept of the lack, real, and  traversing the fantasy etc. All of Wilderson's theories are  pretty psychoanalysis heavy, but I would start with reading some reviews of Lacan's work, because Lacan made his lectures and seminars intentionally confusing, or just read straight up psycho with authors derived from Lacan (or freud) that  proves pretty effective.

I read pessimism and have read about 95% of Red, White, & Black, and I understand most of it except for all the bits where Wilderson goes into excruciating detail about psychoanalysis and all the passages about the analysand and the analyst, Full speech, empty speech, egoic monumentalization, etc.

I want to add psychoanalysis to my debate arsenal (being able to cut those passages and make a 1NC that's purely Wilderson's application of psychoanalysis). I was wondering if anyone had some resources that I could use to learn (the more specific to Wilderson the better) his application of Lacanian psychoanalysis.

If you are completely lost with psychoanalysis, the best/traditional approach to mastering lacanian theory is stavrakakis' "Lacan and the Political"

http://www.mediafire.com/view/f5ei7v5r2yuiidp/Stavrakakis_-_Lacan_and_the_political.pdf

Edited by ConsultVerminSupreme