lamarjenkins

What do yall think the aff that links to the terror DA the most is?

Do you think its one of the NSA affs, or the TSA affs? Or is it something else entirely? I feel like this is definitely the best (and maybe only) generic DA this year, but it feels like there's a major stretch for the link in some debates.

NSA, drones, Islamophobia.

It really links to almost every case this year. Even a decent amount of the critical affs link pretty well.

Probably the poorly worded hybrid Affs. For example, "abolish all border surveillance," "curtail domestic surveillance of suspected terrorists" (a CDL team with an Islamophobia Aff is using that as their plan text), or "abolish all prisons." Most of the generic NSA Affs still let the government surveil with a warrant; the loony hybrid Affs are forced to go to extremes to fit their criticisms.

The plan text "The USFG should end the War on Terror by substantially curtailing its domestic surveillance of all suspected terrorists in the United States" probably is the Aff that truly links the most to a Terror DA, though.

umm i think every aff this year honestly links - no matter what we all say  the thing is the lit is probably there - 

I guarantee the education policy affs don't link, because no national security agency has access to those databases now, nor are they allowed access under law.  (Minors have robust presumptions of protection, and FERPA is still effective against non-educational 'agents').

umm i think every aff this year honestly links - no matter what we all say  the thing is the lit is probably there - 

Generic NSA Affs link turn it. Our novices read a terror advantage with 3 internal links to solvency and the lit base is actually decent. 

The plan text "The USFG should end the War on Terror by substantially curtailing its domestic surveillance of all suspected terrorists in the United States" probably is the Aff that truly links the most to a Terror DA, though.

What aff is this? or do you just mean hypothetically this would be the best link

Although the K of this DA would or should be strong tbh im pretty sure the war on terror has failed - lol doesnt ISIS prove we just change the name and issue 

Although the K of this DA would or should be strong tbh im pretty sure the war on terror has failed - lol doesnt ISIS prove we just change the name and issue 

Look I don't believe the terror DA, but no? ISIS proves that the area is unstable and the group in power changes frequently.

• Downvote 1