jj7687

new aff

I think you should change the plantext to be better worded because, right now, it sounds pretty fx T although it probably isn't. Also, try and find some SSRA specific solvency cards for the racism advantage because even though your main solvency card's tag says "The Surveillance State Repeal Act would only allow for targeted surveillance" and your racism adv says that profiling is done by mass surveillance, it would be pretty easy to find some cards and make the argument that by passing your plan, that would just cause officials to racially profile via targeted surveillance by claiming that an individual, who just so happened to be x minority, was a threat.

I think you should change the plantext to be better worded because, right now, it sounds pretty fx T although it probably isn't. Also, try and find some SSRA specific solvency cards for the racism advantage because even though your main solvency card's tag says "The Surveillance State Repeal Act would only allow for targeted surveillance" and your racism adv says that profiling is done by mass surveillance, it would be pretty easy to find some cards and make the argument that by passing your plan, that would just cause officials to racially profile via targeted surveillance by claiming that an individual, who just so happened to be x minority, was a threat.

do you know what I should change the plan text to?

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Plan: The United States Federal Government should substantially curtail its domestic surveillance by passing the Surveillance State Repeal Act. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Plan: The United States Federal Government should substantially curtail its domestic surveillance by passing the Surveillance State Repeal Act. 

ok

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

i know racism is pretty shitty thing to go down but your feagin evidence is a bit weird on saying racism going to cause extinction - 

better arg to make is like that racist western ethnocenterism causes endless warfare cuz like it changes how we view others which makes us more likely to do crap like idk Use a nuke cuz we see them as lesser beings 

SSRA is just not a good aff 

• Upvote 1

i know racism is pretty shitty thing to go down but your feagin evidence is a bit weird on saying racism going to cause extinction - 

better arg to make is like that racist western ethnocenterism causes endless warfare cuz like it changes how we view others which makes us more likely to do crap like idk Use a nuke cuz we see them as lesser beings 

SSRA is just not a good aff 

im just using the ssra plan text because it does a variety of things, the racism is kinda a fusion of islamaphobia and the democracy evidence isn't bad 

the democracy part maybe... but the rest isn't tho

There is also a critical surveillance state advantage which isn't bad, our novices use it as a strat skew. There is also some solid solvency evidence you might want to look at.

• Downvote 2

There is also a critical surveillance state advantage which isn't bad, our novices use it as a strat skew. There is also some solid solvency evidence you might want to look at.

im dropping this aff, I showed a varsity member and he just trashed on me :(

• Upvote 3

On race: I don't think it makes sense to try to claim an extinction impact on racism when in reality you aren't solving for all of racism. What makes more sense would be to argue that racism is unethical and we need to reduce it to the smallest amount we can and the aff would help

• Upvote 1

I feel like this aff would be a lot better if you picked something more specific. I feel like these advantages are really generic and there's not much that's unique to this aff. This aff is like the negs on case dream.

And for your impacts on democracy make sure to prep out some answers to coloniality. Your racism impacts need neolib prep too. 

im dropping this aff, I showed a varsity member and he just trashed on me :(

I have a new aff if you wanna take a look its really easy to understand and pickup. Lemme know if you wanna swap some ev.