DiamondLouisXIV

Muslim Genocide Counterplan -- feedback?

So I cooked up a really crazy counter-plan in my meth lab yesterday, I'm hoping a few of you can give me some feedback. The main idea here is a response to islamophobia. Basically, opposition to islamophobia, such a removing anti-islamic institutions doesn't do anything to actually fix islamophobia, sometimes people just need a smack in the face. Imagine if the government came out and said, "hey, you know what, Muslims are bad, let kill them all" people would be outraged. I posit that social movements would occur and read evidence that this literally changes people's racist minds. Who is going to back the sudden extermination of Muslims? No one. The idea is far fetched for reality, but c'mon this is policy debate so I figured I would make it. 

The only problems I see are with potential offense on it, that might say, "hey man, this might actually just get out of hand, and Muslims might really get exterminated." or "other Muslims nations would nuke the united states/ terror attacks would occur". That's why I might tone is down and say "intern Muslim Americans" instead, however that sooo much less dramatic  ;)

Muslim Genocide CP.docx

I don't even wanna click that in light of recent events : ^ ) 

lol, do you mean that guy who said 'help me understand these two lines' and someone said its a virus or something?

So I cooked up a really crazy counter-plan in my meth lab yesterday, I'm hoping a few of you can give me some feedback. The main idea here is a response to islamophobia. Basically, opposition to islamophobia, such a removing anti-islamic institutions doesn't do anything to actually fix islamophobia, sometimes people just need a smack in the face. Imagine if the government came out and said, "hey, you know what, Muslims are bad, let kill them all" people would be outraged. I posit that social movements would occur and read evidence that this literally changes people's racist minds. Who is going to back the sudden extermination of Muslims? No one. The idea is far fetched for reality, but c'mon this is policy debate so I figured I would make it. 

The only problems I see are with potential offense on it, that might say, "hey man, this might actually just get out of hand, and Muslims might really get exterminated." or "other Muslims nations would nuke the united states/ terror attacks would occur". That's why I might tone is down and say "intern Muslim Americans" instead, however that sooo much less dramatic  ;)

http://rightwingnews.com/

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

No. You don't have a solvency card that's contextual to islamophobia or about responses to government declarations of genocidal intent. There will never be a solvency card for this. It has serious moral issues and shouldn't be a thing. 

• Upvote 1

No. You don't have a solvency card that's contextual to islamophobia or about responses to government declarations of genocidal intent. There will never be a solvency card for this. It has serious moral issues and shouldn't be a thing. 

moral issues? Do these moral issues outweigh literally solving islamophobia? Of course there isn't specific lit on this but the cards present should allow for only a small logical link. I'm just not sure what is specifically wrong with the cp?

moral issues? Do these moral issues outweigh literally solving islamophobia? Of course there isn't specific lit on this but the cards present should allow for only a small logical link. I'm just not sure what is specifically wrong with the cp?

The moral issues are you fiat the government preparing for a mass ethnic genocide. The counterplan doesn't "literally solve islamophobia" because you don't have a piece of evidence that substantiates any part of your internal link chain to solvency. You don't have a solvency advocate. You don't have a card that actually says the government threatening genocide actualizes social movements. The social movements card is decent, but it's not qualled.

The moral issues are you fiat the government preparing for a mass ethnic genocide. The counterplan doesn't "literally solve islamophobia" because you don't have a piece of evidence that substantiates any part of your internal link chain to solvency. You don't have a solvency advocate. You don't have a card that actually says the government threatening genocide actualizes social movements. The social movements card is decent, but it's not qualled.

You say its such a big moral problem but isn't that outweighed buy the structural violence that occurs on a daily basis, by the government and citizens alike, on a daily basis? If the plan truly were preparing for the extermination of muslims it would be beyond immoral, but the way I see it, its little more than a messed up psychological experiment which gives way to Real changes in status quo racism.....Assuming solvency, you wont agree will happen, I have to believe it outweighs.

I'm pretty sure you're much better than me, which is why I want advice on how to make it workable, not just to reject it as stupid during the first draft. So, I was curious, was it the Steklanberg and Klandermans in 10 that you thought had some substance to it? if so doesn't that mean I prove plan causes movements/protests? On another note, is all I have to do find a card which says "genocide causes outrage and protest"? Even though it seems intuitive, would that solve the link chain problem? what did you think about the krips evidence?

I'm pretty sure every genocide ever disproves NEG solvency. Not only that, but the only way you avoid that solvency deficit is by saying US citizens are uniquely different and will protest, which links you to American Exceptionalism - something that their authors will also criticize. The entirety of the CP is racist, too, and really has quite a few morality issues. 

Couple Problems with it aside from all the stuff above

1. The Krips card is about psychoanalysis so you will have to defend it being falsifiable etc at which point you might as well just read the K

2. Its not competitive as is "Perm: do the plan and prepare for the mass extermination of the American-Muslim population." would solve better

3. You dont have any plank that's like "say commit genocide but don't actually do it so a team that gets up and is like "fiat is durable you actually kill all the Muslims = gg

1. The Krips card is about psychoanalysis so you will have to defend it being falsifiable etc at which point you might as well just read the K

2. Its not competitive as is "Perm: do the plan and prepare for the mass extermination of the American-Muslim population." would solve better

3. You dont have any plank that's like "say commit genocide but don't actually do it so a team that gets up and is like "fiat is durable you actually kill all the Muslims = gg

Uhhhh, 

"First, the CP legislation only allows for the preparation of muslim genocide but bans it from ever actually being legislated or carried out. "

• Upvote 1

donald answered 3, and a I agree with 1, but on pp2 the CP is at least artificially competitive because it says  keep all SQ anti-islam institutions. The perm takes away from the solvency of overconformity.

I wonder if you could make a perm that is similar to a kritik perm, where you say "do the plan and the CP in all other instances" if the CP is good enough to change the entirety of islamophobia then it can also overcome the one instance of the plan? idk just an idea for the aff.

Edited by DiamondLouisXIV

and btw, what does qualled mean?

donald answered 3, and a I agree with 1, but on pp2 the CP is at least artificially competitive because it says  keep all SQ anti-islam institutions. The perm takes away from the solvency of overconformity.

I wonder if you could make a perm that is similar to a kritik perm, where you say "do the plan and the CP in all other instances" if the CP is good enough to change the entirety of islamophobia then it can also overcome the one instance of the plan? idk just an idea for the aff.

Same problem as with ks - its intrinsic

Uhhhh, 

"First, the CP legislation only allows for the preparation of muslim genocide but bans it from ever actually being legislated or carried out. "

Also if it doesn't actually attempt to commit genocide then it wont solve because just pretending wont cause any change - the holocaust proves that - no one gave a shit about the jews until a few million had died and your in a bad spot with that especially considering the lack o a solvency advocate.

Also if the perm I said doesn't solve because it maintains status quo surveillance then that means in a world of the CP surveillance can never be curtailed which means the aff gets to rant about how bad surveillance is which isnt a great spot to be in

Same problem as with ks - its intrinsic

meaning that the aff changes their advocacy from 'do plan' to 'do plan then do cp'? can't you make it off like the advocacy stays the same but you basically say 'vote aff and then vote neg'?

Also if it doesn't actually attempt to commit genocide then it wont solve because just pretending wont cause any change - the holocaust proves that - no one gave a shit about the jews until a few million had died and your in a bad spot with that especially considering the lack o a solvency advocate.

no i mean that kinda the whole point of the CP. usually the build up of hatred towards some other and the loss of morality is a build up. So unless you say the US has as much hatred for the muslim as the nazis did the jew, my point is solid. We need to shock people back to common sense morality and rally support for muslims. Not too many people are so far gone that they would happily applaud genocide. Its just so beyond over the edge that everyone would have to start supporting islam from islamophobia....that's the whole thing about conformity.

Also if the perm I said doesn't solve because it maintains status quo surveillance then that means in a world of the CP surveillance can never be curtailed which means the aff gets to rant about how bad surveillance is which isnt a great spot to be in

you lost me here

Edited by DiamondLouisXIV