Mummyhandgrenade

Clayton Tournament

Is anyone planning on going to the Clayton Invitational? I know some non-Eastern Missouri teams where supposed to come last year before the tournament was cancelled.

Wonder when E-MO is going to get around to putting up their tournaments on Tabroom.

Wonder when E-MO is going to get around to putting up their tournaments on Tabroom.

My votes for never. E-MO tends to have a really insular view of speech and debate that opposes change (which includes stuff like JOI and Tabroom). You'd think eventually the community would try to be competitive nationally in literally anything (not just Policy, I mean LD/PuF/Congress/IEs), but I think the lack of an experienced and stable judging pool along with some members of the community believing that their idea of Speech/Debate is the only way for Speech/Debate prevents this.

E-MO tends to have a really insular view of speech and debate that opposes change (which includes stuff like JOI and Tabroom). You'd think eventually the community would try to be competitive nationally in literally anything (not just Policy, I mean LD/PuF/Congress/IEs), but I think the lack of an experienced and stable judging pool along with some members of the community believing that their idea of Speech/Debate is the only way for Speech/Debate prevents this.

^

if we dont go to gbx (which is likely) then we'll probably be there, but then again this thread was probably geared towards non-emo people lmao

^

if we dont go to gbx (which is likely) then we'll probably be there, but then again this thread was probably geared towards non-emo people lmao

Yeah I figured y'all were going to be at Clayton, I was trying to get a feel for out of district competition.