TheBigDA

Satire Aff Structure

So I'm an ok debater. I like policy. Hell, if I get a STOCKS judge I cheer. I can get by in general K debate but non traditional affs are where I start really struggling.

I would very much like to run a satirical aff this year, (Johnathan Swift is my hero) but I have no idea of the structure or even how the round is supposed to go when running one. Can someone help me out by explaining or even better yet maybe send me an old backfile so I can see the 1AC structure/2AC generic blocks? Anything help is appreciated!

If you don't like K debate you shouldn't start reading a satire aff. Just saying.

• Upvote 1

So I'm an ok debater. I like policy. Hell, if I get a STOCKS judge I cheer. I can get by in general K debate but non traditional affs are where I start really struggling.

I would very much like to run a satirical aff this year, (Johnathan Swift is my hero) but I have no idea of the structure or even how the round is supposed to go when running one. Can someone help me out by explaining or even better yet maybe send me an old backfile so I can see the 1AC structure/2AC generic blocks? Anything help is appreciated!

If you're inclined towards policy debate and want to break into satire, try to come up with a satirical Neg against K Affs rather than a satirical Aff. See if you can come up with any ideas based on the Sokal Hoax or the Random Postmodernism Generator. Alternately, maybe come up with with a satirical 2AC add-on to an ordinary policy Aff as a response to wacky Neg Ks.

If you're inclined towards policy debate and want to break into satire, try to come up with a satirical Neg against K Affs rather than a satirical Aff. See if you can come up with any ideas based on the Sokal Hoax or the Random Postmodernism Generator. Alternately, maybe come up with with a satirical 2AC add-on to an ordinary policy Aff as a response to wacky Neg Ks.

Postmodern essay generator is the best thing ever. 

http://www.elsewhere.org/journal/pomo/