8off

[LD] AEC v.s. AFC and other AFC stuff

So I've heard AFC and AEC used interchangeably, as well as differently. I've heard AFC as "concede value/value criterion" but also as "concede ROTB" and "all neg interps are counter-interps" Mostly I've heard AEC as "concede value/value criterion." What's the difference between the two, and which meaning is most commonly used?

I saw @Bdawgsupreme 's post here https://www.cross-x.com/topic/58608-theory-spikes-help/?p=912287 and it gave me an idea - could i have "concede the aff framework" which includes ethics and ROTB and "neg interps are CIs?"

I do LD.

AEC is Aff ethical [framework] choice, so only the ethical framework. Meaning the neg can preclude AEC by reading a role of the ballot. AFC is aff framework choice, so that would entail conceding all framing arguments, including an ethical framework or a role of the ballot. I've never heard it used to justify that all neg interps are counter interps.

EDIT: about all interps are CIs, that's not a framing argument, it's only a shitty theory framing argument, so it wouldnt make sense for you to say that the neg must concede to a theory argument and say that AFC covers that.

Parth, plz don't become a tricks debater plz

Edited by goodatthis

You can read "all interps are CIs" independent of AFC/AEC. The way I have it in my polls AC is "But also, all neg T and theory are counter-interps since they question the implicit or stated interps in the AC." I also have an AFC spike.

AFC is a lot more common and strategic to AEC, but as a result, you'll hit a lot more theory

Parth, plz don't become a tricks debater plz

it's ok ill become a tricky critical debater

so ill have some legitimacy in my cases

but not much

• Upvote 2

You can read "all interps are CIs" independent of AFC/AEC. The way I have it in my polls AC is "But also, all neg T and theory are counter-interps since they question the implicit or stated interps in the AC." I also have an AFC spike.

AFC is a lot more common and strategic to AEC, but as a result, you'll hit a lot more theory

bahahahah people vote for this shit?

Edited by KimJongUn
  • Upvote 2

I fail to see how comparing international law to polling data is at all relevant

this is why you don't do LD

those are obviously the only 2 things policy makers care about, dumbass...  like tf...  domestic living wage policy is determined only by i law..

fuck if we didnt follow I law in every instance we couldnt even call ourselves a government.

Edited by KimJongUn
  • Upvote 4

Ahhh my novice year I wrote the cleanest polls AC that has ever been read... no triggers, tricks, spikes, theory, etc. I barely even had preclusionary arguments embedded in the AC. And I went 9-0 with it until some girl read a counter poll.

But now I hate polls lol, it is such a dumb argument

Edited by goodatthis
  • Upvote 1

tricks debater meme reasons mostly, but ilaw is a bit fresher than polls, it's run less often in my experience

Bostrom 15  

cant weigh them

both cause the extinction of debate 

IMHO......this thread belong in other kinds of debate.  This is LD, not Cross-ex.  Its just the nature of the forum.

The thread doesn't explain how this LD insight impacts policy.

The overall forum is best served by a clear delineation between the two for organizational purposes. 

Perhaps LD deserves is sub-forum of some sort beyond the "Other types"--but at this point that doesn't exist (as far as I know).