JeanLucPicard

How do i copy evidence from a Google Book

If any of y'all have visited google books for evidence, you may observe that the text is in a picture, not so much text. Is there any way i can copy this as text and paste it into my document, or do i have to type each word?

I've seen people print it, cut the evidence, scan it, and then put that picture into the file.

Edited by jai127

On the Google Books page, press F12  and select Console (last tab) and copy this text into the visible command line and press enter:

document.querySelector(".viewport").addEventListener('scroll', function(){Array.prototype.slice.call(document.querySelectorAll(".pageImageDisplay *[style*=width]")).forEach(function(d){d.style.width='0px';})}, true)

Now you can save the pages as images. Upload those images to your Google Drive, then right click > open with Google Docs. The second page will be high-quality OCR, much better accuracy than the free stuff you can get online or the Tesseract ocr program in debate template.

Edited by Synergy
  • Upvote 5

I've seen people print it, cut the evidence, scan it, and then put that picture into the file.

you're telling me I can scan shit and copy and paste it?

looks like those wittgenstein cards are finally getting cut 

• Upvote 2

On the Google Books page, press F12  and select Console (last tab) and copy this text into the visible command line and press enter:

document.querySelector(".viewport").addEventListener('scroll', function(){Array.prototype.slice.call(document.querySelectorAll(".pageImageDisplay *[style*=width]")).forEach(function(d){d.style.width='0px';})}, true)

Now you can save the pages as images. Upload those images to your Google Drive, then right click > open with Google Docs. The second page will be high-quality OCR, much better accuracy than the free stuff you can get online or the Tesseract ocr program in debate template.

two words. holy. shit. this is like infinity times better than verbatim.

How do you do this on a mac though? I tried pressing F12 but it didn't work. (and yes I made sure my keyboard shortcuts and whatnot were turned off)

ive read aristotle circa 360 BCE but that beats me 

Zeno of Elena 450 BCE

Edited by FUDGE