flyingjakob

Advantages For A Border Surveillance AFF?

Hiya, I'm cutting a border surveillance AFF and am wondering what types of advantages there are other than the obvious cartels and economy advantages. I'm thinking about the possibility of a drones advantage, but would love to hear your thoughts.

Are you just going to be disbanding the borders? or is there anything specific you want to do?

^ This. What exactly is your aff saying?

Exactly! I have an aff where we abolish the borders in general, and my other one says that takes away the CBP agents.

Exactly! I have an aff where we abolish the borders in general, and my other one says that takes away the CBP agents.

abolishing borders (if it's policy) probably links super hard to a marihuana disad as well as a terror disad, which seems worse than adovacting a general decrease or a decrease in the surveillance leaving the physical walls in tact. If it's critical it's probably easier to go that's xenophobic quit no risk of terror from border, which is what I do with my borders aff. 

abolishing borders (if it's policy) probably links super hard to a marihuana disad as well as a terror disad, which seems worse than adovacting a general decrease or a decrease in the surveillance leaving the physical walls in tact. If it's critical it's probably easier to go that's xenophobic quit no risk of terror from border, which is what I do with my borders aff. 

Yeah to be honest we prepped the terror DA really well and marihuana DA okish. The CBP agents is a bit more fun for me.

Yeah to be honest we prepped the terror DA really well and marihuana DA okish. The CBP agents is a bit more fun for me.

Wait how does your CBP aff have solvency if no one is patrolling the border?

Wait how does your CBP aff have solvency if no one is patrolling the border?

well I have two. One talking about the CBP effecting the US populous and talks about how they aren't needed. The other aff gains solvency because the CBP agents aren't really necessary because of drones, cameras, fencing, and the other stuff.

Are you just going to be disbanding the borders? or is there anything specific you want to do?

The AFF essentially just gets rid of the borders 

That's really ambiguous LOL. Are you getting rid of the physical barriers of the border? Or does your aff get rid of the concept of national borders?

If you're just getting rid of borders, I could give you the aff and 2AC files my team made in the summer, its pretty different compared to the open evidence one.

If anyone wants it, just PM me, we could trade or something

• Upvote 1

policy version is for sure. It has good topical access to critical stuff and some ID Ptx. 

sure, but (and I know most people on this website don't care) the aff is hella untopical and there are several structural issues with the way it functions

sure, but (and I know most people on this website don't care) the aff is hella untopical and there are several structural issues with the way it functions

true, we read an immigration aff and just critique the notion of legal/illegal the border represents (which we wrote before Mich put out that aff >_>), and our plan text is to curtail immigration surveillance, which entails the surveillance on the border but not the border itself. It's basically a security aff, but it's more T than "substantially curtail border surveillance". So you are definitely right, insofar someone is running something like cap or racism, but if you play it right it's easier.

Plus there's always RVI's /s.

I have my Donald Trump K for anyone looking for neg strats against this aff.  PM me. 

For the NUMEROUS people who have PM'd me asking to see the Trump K, there is a new 1NC shell complete!  Here's a tagline:

Gender empower movements cause endless bloodshed - especially from one's eyes - turns case
Trump 15 

• Upvote 2

true, we read an immigration aff and just critique the notion of legal/illegal the border represents (which we wrote before Mich put out that aff >_>), and our plan text is to curtail immigration surveillance, which entails the surveillance on the border but not the border itself. It's basically a security aff, but it's more T than "substantially curtail border surveillance". So you are definitely right, insofar someone is running something like cap or racism, but if you play it right it's easier.

Plus there's always RVI's /s.

I mean, that's not the T question. My arg would be domestic = US citizens

I mean, that's not the T question. My arg would be domestic = US citizens

Which is probably the hardest thing to beat on the aff considering there's link turns to about everything, but there's good c/i lit about how if it can be foreign intel in the us + probs bites the "Domestic T is a form of exclusive citizenry the aff critiques by limiting the debate to be exclusively about the 'legals' " or whatever. 

For the NUMEROUS people who have PM'd me asking to see the Trump K, there is a new 1NC shell complete!  Here's a tagline:

Gender empower movements cause endless bloodshed - especially from one's eyes - turns case

Trump 15 

Is this really real LOL

Is this really real LOL

Of course!  Here's a conversation I had earlier today where I explained the thesis pretty fucking well.  This is like, overview of TOC finals quality explanation of DnG so don't steal it

a30oz.png

• Upvote 1