JeanLucPicard

what's "dispo" in conditionality?

dispo is short for dispositionality.  I've been taught that it means the position can only be kicked if the other team read theory or a perm, but definitions vary (I've also heard both that it means it can only be kicked if there's offense and that it can't be kicked if there's offense, for example).

• Upvote 1

dispo is short for dispositionality.  I've been taught that it means the position can only be kicked if the other team read theory or a perm, but definitions vary (I've also heard both that it means it can only be kicked if there's offense and that it can't be kicked if there's offense, for example). Evil

ftfy

Edited by Sharf
  • Upvote 4

dispo is short for dispositionality.  I've been taught that it means the position can only be kicked if the other team read theory or a perm, but definitions vary (I've also heard both that it means it can only be kicked if there's offense and that it can't be kicked if there's offense, for example).

Yeah dispo generally means that it can be kicked once a certain condition has been met, that condition is to be chosen by the negative team. It's functionally condo because like who's not gonna perm a CP?

• Upvote 1

Yeah dispo generally means that it can be kicked once a certain condition has been met, that condition is to be chosen by the negative team. It's functionally condo because like who's not gonna perm a CP?

If you decide to be smart and read a mutually exclusive CP you can troll kids into reading dipo bad theory by saying you'll only kick it if they read a perm. 

• Upvote 1

dispo or dispositionality means the neg can kick the alt only if certain requirements occur. Condo is they can kick whenever, uncondo is they can't ever kick, and dispo is kick if something happens.

If I say my CP is dispo, do I have to say what the conditions are?

Yes

(I would just say dispo to avoid condo theory)

This makes you a bad person. Any team that's not so incompetent you couldn't beat them anyways will know that condo and dispo are literally the same thing as far as  the applicability of conditionality theory goes. The only thing you get out of this tactic is lower speaks.

• Upvote 1