grimreaper401

Flowing Fast Spreaders

Hi! I want to practice flowing more since im still a little subpar at it. Who are some fast spreaders to listen to? I'd preferably like more LD debaters to flow. I'd appreciate any help I can get

Hi! I want to practice flowing more since im still a little subpar at it. Who are some fast spreaders to listen to? I'd preferably like more LD debaters to flow. I'd appreciate any help I can get

Here's LD TOC finals

• Upvote 3

I know it's not LD, but you could look up Michigan AP, Northwestern MV, and Georgetown AM on YouTube.

Here's LD TOC finals

Thanks, this is going to help a lot!

So the strat you need to use is a K of spreading but bake in a Virillio K into it so you can trick them with ur superior strat and then kick the spreading stuff and go for the dropped Virillio shit. 

• Upvote 1

So the strat you need to use is a K of spreading but bake in a Virillio K into it so you can trick them with ur superior strat and then kick the spreading stuff and go for the dropped Virillio shit. 

I just hate how the senior members spit out some debate shit that's neither funny or clever, things that have been said before and consider themselves funny...

Like honestly, you're in college, shut the fuck up, and get your shit together dammit. If you can't help, don't try to wisecrack with bullshit humor. Learn some humor, or shut the fuck up, like forreal motherfucking "Allen".

Glad this website is finally dying

Edited by HurderofBuffalos
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 11

I just hate how the senior members spit out some debate shit that's neither funny or clever, things that have been said before and consider themselves funny...

Like honestly, you're in college, shut the fuck up, and get your shit together dammit. If you can't help, don't try to wisecrack with bullshit humor. Learn some humor, or shut the fuck up, like forreal motherfucking "Allen".

I kind of agree that sometimes posts like those are annoying but damn, chill bro

• Upvote 2

It's meant to be a joke, for those that actually know how to debate

Edited by asi14
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

varying-degrees-of-damn.jpg

I actually suggest you flow some identity based college policy debate rounds and work your way up. If you go for a super super fast round from the getgo you wont be able to handle the speed and it will be a wasted effort. Since you are in the summer I suggest you watch a lot of policy debate rounds first so you can get very comfortable with flowing. That will help you a lot in ld especially since the debaters are nowhere near as quick as they are in cx

• Upvote 2

It also helps to listen specifically for what parts to flow. Especially in the 1AC/1NC, they'll go slower, substantially (if they're competent debaters), than their usual spreading, so thats when you can tell it's a tag/cite, and when it's flow time. The rest of the time is card, which can either mean last-minute prep time (usually me), or looking along their cards for CX indicts.

Premier Debate Today's Youtube has some good debate videos; the sound quality for most of them is pretty good. Personally I find shitty sound quality to be the biggest issue when it comes to flowing fast debaters, so this should help.