BernieSanders

LGBT MARRIAGE LEGALIZED ACROSS THE UNITED STATES

Getting made fun of by more experienced cross-x members led me to an enormous percentage of all that I've ever learned through this website. 

you're welcome

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

ヽヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ、ヽヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ、ヽヽ`ヽ`、`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ༼ຈ ل͜ຈ༽ノ☂ ɪᴛs ʀᴀɪɴɪɴɢ sᴀʟᴛ! ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ☂ ヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ、ヽヽ`ヽヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ、ヽヽ`ヽヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ、ヽヽ`ヽ

• Upvote 2

Im pretty raw sometimes. Thats not a good thing, but it is a thing. Sorry for being too much.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

^ good-person points and upvote for being mature enough to say sorry.

• Upvote 3

If you thought that the average "debate judge" was the kind of role model that other debaters needed than you should go to some after tournament parties in college. 

Hint hint: I doubt that 420 and drinking with your judges is a good example to be setting. I stopped idolizing anyone in the debate community long ago. They're usually just grad students with great debate carriers, fantastic philosophical knowledge and the kind of soul-crushing depression that debate causes. This fucking activity ruins you and I'm more than willing to speak of it openly 

but yeah the gendered language isn't cool either but given the whole "you guys" in the first post and given the arguments made I'm pretty sure it's inevitable. 

Care to elaborate? I agree with this, but I don't do college debate soooooo 

Edited by Theparanoiacmachine

Care to elaborate? I agree with this, but I don't do college debate soooooo 

Basically most of the people in coaching positions who aren't tenure track professors seem really hip and cool to young debaters because they chain smoke between rounds, are always at the bar, do drugs with undergrads, etc, but as you get older you realize a lot of the "cool kids" in debate are just depressed burnouts with crippling substance addictions who take 25K annual salaries because they have literally no other career prospects outside of debate.  Sure, that dude with the beanie and the american spirits and the hidden flask seems so edgy and cool to a 19 y/o, but once you cross the threshold you realize how isolating, lonely, and crushing of an existence that can be.  Then you get drunk and say mean things to some kid on a Bangladeshi recipe forum and the cycle continues.

• Upvote 6