BernieSanders

LGBT MARRIAGE LEGALIZED ACROSS THE UNITED STATES

Also cut the speech Obama gave about this as dank K solvency and FW answers for real he's saying some pretty cool shit about minor activism. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Federalism is dead.  This isn't even a nail in the coffin.  It's a flower on the tombstone several anniversaries down the road.

• Upvote 4

but then you can just weasel your way out with some beautiful Condo Bad files!  (time skew trumps all other impacts)

Edited by ItAintRalphTho
  • Upvote 1

NO YOU GUYS IF YOU THINK THIS MATTERS YOU ARE IGNORING THAT LIKE OTHER STUFF IS BAD TOO YOU GUYS LIKE RACISM AND STUFF SO LIKE IF YOU THINK THIS IS GOOD YOURE A RACIST AND A RAPIST WHICH IS DOUBLE BAD BECAUSE REASONS

• Upvote 9
  • Downvote 5

NO YOU GUYS IF YOU THINK THIS MATTERS YOU ARE IGNORING THAT LIKE OTHER STUFF IS BAD TOO YOU GUYS LIKE RACISM AND STUFF SO LIKE IF YOU THINK THIS IS GOOD YOURE A RACIST AND A RAPIST WHICH IS DOUBLE BAD BECAUSE REASONS

Do you think you're funny or something?

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

Do you think you're funny or something?

Yes, yes I do you humorless boil.  I also think it's very very funny to make fun of the limp-dicked try-hards who spend their time hating on everyone's parade because they have never accomplished anything, nor attributed productively to anything, in their life.  I guess you fit somewhere in there. I'm sorry.  My B.

• Upvote 11
  • Downvote 10

Yes, yes I do you humorless boil.  I also think it's very very funny to make fun of the limp-dicked try-hards who spend their time hating on everyone's parade because they have never accomplished anything, nor attributed productively to anything, in their life.  I guess you fit somewhere in there. I'm sorry.  My B.

limp-dicked try-hards who spend their time hating on everyone's parade because they have never accomplished anything

spend their time hating on everyone's parade be

So exactly what you're doing?

Cool, we legalized gay marriage. Now let's address the rest of the violence the state commits every day.

Quote from a friend of Facebook

this time, i can see jennicet gutiérrez and i can hear her message. obama's silencing of a trans woman of color at an event supposedly honoring trans women makes my skin crawl. his refusal to acknowledge the harm being done by the deportation of trans immigrants is disgusting. this is the kind of violence that we risk ignoring when we only acknowledge legal victories and state-sanctioned rights.
  • Upvote 3

this time, i can see jennicet gutiérrez and i can hear her message. obama's silencing of a trans woman of color at an event supposedly honoring trans women makes my skin crawl. his refusal to acknowledge the harm being done by the deportation of trans immigrants is disgusting. this is the kind of violence that we risk ignoring when we only acknowledge legal victories and state-sanctioned rights.

Agree with this for the most part, but the problem with what's happening to the trans immigrants can seemingly only be resolved through the extension of rights to immigrants. There are some rights that matter less to marginalized populations such as marriage, but this take place behind rights to self determination and labour rights which this people are being deprived of. 

Agree with this for the most part, but the problem with what's happening to the trans immigrants can seemingly only be resolved through the extension of rights to immigrants. There are some rights that matter less to marginalized populations such as marriage, but this take place behind rights to self determination and labour rights which this people are being deprived of. 

Or, we don't violently deportate or kill migrants.

Or, we don't violently deportate or kill migrants.

Thats still involves lawmaking and not violently deporting immigrants is a bandaid solution. Immigrants still need enhanced healthcare, labour rights and the ability to defend themselves against discrimination or they are still people who are structurally vulnerable because the law doesn't afford them the necessary rights. 

• Upvote 1

Yes, yes I do you humorless boil.  I also think it's very very funny to make fun of the limp-dicked try-hards who spend their time hating on everyone's parade because they have never accomplished anything, nor attributed productively to anything, in their life.  I guess you fit somewhere in there. I'm sorry.  My B.First

Dude grow some balls - you're in your mid twenties, fighting with a 16 year old on a fucking debate forum - if anyone's not accomplishing anything, or are being counterproductive, it's you.

You called him a humorless boil - c'mon, if you're going to insult someone, atleast do it right you absolute piece of shit. Second off, if anyone is humorless it's you, I mean vermin was right, do you think you're funny? If you do, please do jump off a cliff or something, your humor and attitude is killing me.

"limp- dicked tryhards" - what is this middle school? Please, PLEASE I beg of you, never say that again fuckboi. If anyone's a tryhard LOOK AT YOU - Fucking GoD DaMn 2k+ REP ON A DEBATE FORUM WEBSITE.

Fuck off :)

Have a good day.

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 2

it's very very funny to make fun of the limp-dicked try-hards who spend their time hating 

What a weirdly gendered way to talk. Apparently having a limp dick makes you worth mocking; who knows what happens if you don't even have a dick.

Reminder that people who are grown adults and judges should set an example for other people on the forum.

• Upvote 8

What a weirdly gendered way to talk. Apparently having a limp dick makes you worth mocking; who knows what happens if you don't even have a dick.

Reminder that people who are grown adults and judges should set an example for other people on the forum.

If you thought that the average "debate judge" was the kind of role model that other debaters needed than you should go to some after tournament parties in college. 

Hint hint: I doubt that 420 and drinking with your judges is a good example to be setting. I stopped idolizing anyone in the debate community long ago. They're usually just grad students with great debate carriers, fantastic philosophical knowledge and the kind of soul-crushing depression that debate causes. This fucking activity ruins you and I'm more than willing to speak of it openly 

but yeah the gendered language isn't cool either but given the whole "you guys" in the first post and given the arguments made I'm pretty sure it's inevitable. 

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

oh yeah pls stop flinging shit in my threads this happens like every time and seriously I just try to make a somewhat trolly but also actually helpful post (I'm serious about Obama's speech) and it just goes to shit like this is not the first time c'mon step it up. 

• Upvote 1

If you thought that the average "debate judge" was the kind of role model that other debaters needed than you should go to some after tournament parties in college. 

Hint hint: I doubt that 420 and drinking with your judges is a good example to be setting. I stopped idolizing anyone in the debate community long ago. They're usually just grad students with great debate carriers, fantastic philosophical knowledge and the kind of soul-crushing depression that debate causes. This fucking activity ruins you and I'm more than willing to speak of it openly 

but yeah the gendered language isn't cool either but given the whole "you guys" in the first post and given the arguments made I'm pretty sure it's inevitable. 

The fact that a lot of judges arent good role models is not a free pass for an educator and adjudicator to call a 16 year old a limp dick boil who has never accomplished anything.

Edited by RickAstley
  • Upvote 5

oh yeah pls stop flinging shit in my threads this happens like every time and seriously I just try to make a somewhat trolly but also actually helpful post (I'm serious about Obama's speech) and it just goes to shit like this is not the first time c'mon step it up. 

Welcome to cross-x

• Upvote 4

I'm a little more optimistic about debate than that, and I don't think drinking or even smoking pot makes you a bad role model if you're a good person. Some debaters are depressed, but what you take away from debate is a nonzero percent within your control. I look up to some parts of some debate people without mindlessly idolizing anyone wholly.

• Upvote 2

The fact that a lot of judges arent good role models is not a free pass for an educator and adjudicator to call a 16 year old a limp dick boil who has never accomplished anything.

I think debate culture benefits when there are very informal relationships between judges, coaches, and participants. The typical student-teacher relationship in the US is straitjacketed and stifles interesting ideas, so I'd prefer it not be used as a model for how relationships in our activity should work. I think Maury was rude and I was a little irritated by it, but I also don't think he meant any harm by it and find it unlikely he actually caused any damage to that person's feelings. Getting made fun of by more experienced cross-x members led me to an enormous percentage of all that I've ever learned through this website. I think if adults have to behave professionally all the time, they'll leave to do something else that's more fun, which will be a net loss for the community of cross-x. So it's not Maury's lack of professionalism or whatever that we should be criticizing, imo. Just the poorly calibrated intensity of his insults, and that his jokes were not quite as obviously in good humor as they ideally should have been.

It's bad that Maury said such things. But I like that this is a culture where such kind of mistakes can occur. Better obnoxious interactions than none, generally.

Edited by Chaos
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

I think debate culture benefits when there are very informal relationships between judges, coaches, and participants. The typical student-teacher relationship in the US is straitjacketed and stifles interesting ideas, so I'd prefer it not be used as a model for how relationships in our activity should work. I think Maury was rude and I was a little irritated by it, but I also don't think he meant any harm by it and find it unlikely he actually caused any damage to that person's feelings. Getting made fun of by more experienced cross-x members led me to an enormous percentage of all that I've ever learned through this website. I think if adults have to behave professionally all the time, they'll leave to do something else that's more fun, which will be a net loss for the community of cross-x. So it's not Maury's lack of professionalism or whatever that we should be criticizing, imo. Just the poorly calibrated intensity of his insults, and that his jokes were not quite as obviously in good humor as they ideally should have been.

It's bad that Maury said such things. But I like that this is a culture where such kind of mistakes can occur. Better obnoxious interactions than none, generally.

Never did I say that you have to be professional 100% of the time. Perhaps judges just shouldn't be dicks to students is all.

I agree with your post, except I didn't learn a lot from Cross-X haha

• Upvote 1