thatdebateswagtho

Spreading Daily Schedule

20 mins every day, fit it in whenever you can... I mean, nobody knows the rest of your schedule, so just make it happen.

4:30 AM: wake up

5:00 AM: over stress every syllable

5:15 AM: read backwards

5:30 AM: read forwards

6:00 AM: go swimming and hold your breath as long as you can

Repeat forever

• Upvote 2

a little frustrated by these responses lol. I'm asking for what I should be doing daily to improve - I know there used to be a word doc of good cards to spread somewhere..

• Upvote 1

Dr Seuss and the Post Modern generator. I'm not joking either

Spreading Dr. Seuss is the auditory equivalent of vomit.

• Upvote 1

Read cards you've never read out loud before - don't practice the same cards over and over again.  As for exactly what drills you should do, that depends on exactly what you want to improve upon.

• Upvote 1

Read cards you've never read out loud before - don't practice the same cards over and over again.  As for exactly what drills you should do, that depends on exactly what you want to improve upon.

Actually, do spread cards you've spread before, because you'll read those cards, not the ones you don't read...

Spread the 1AC and the usual 1NC or whatever

I spend around 20-30 minutes doing drills. I read one of the positions I written (whether it's an NC or 1AC or an off case) forwards with a pen in my mouth, and then backwards with an insertion between each word, then forwards regularly. Then I use either a friend's position or a file of cards I've cut and do various drills on that. One of my favorite drills to do is read the position twice full speed to build up endurance so you don't get tired out easily, it has helped a lot. One of my lab leaders told us during drills to develop a pace, have a beat to your speech, there shouldn't be uneven speeds unless that's supposed to add something to the performance (but do slow down for tags and author names and anything important.) Hope I helped!