TheSnowball

Summer Reading List for Kritiks

Hello,

If any of you have good books to read for understanding Kritiks (especially the main Ks next year), writing Kritiks, or just understanding philosophy and theory for debate, please give me their names.

Thanks,

Rniv

You should read and CUT agamben. Not only is it super relevant for the hs topic but it is just good to know because the stuff on power relations will help you understand a lot of arguments. Especially high level race and queer arguments.

• Upvote 3

You should read and CUT agamben. Not only is it super relevant for the hs topic but it is just good to know because the stuff on power relations will help you understand a lot of arguments. Especially high level race and queer arguments.

which books r best?

he wrote an article on security that was pretty good for a security k

Foucault: Discipline and Punish, and History of Sexuality

Nietzsche: Genealogy of Morals, Will to Power, (Zarathustra too!)

Wilderson: Red White and Black

Giroux

• Upvote 4

I highly reccomend before anything else the Foucault Reader by Rabinow. It's simple (for a philosophy book), easy to read through, but also gives a really good starting point for which way you should go with Foucault. Especially if you're new to this stuff, this is an excellent book.

Simulation and Simulacra - Jean Baudrillard 

Revolution @ the gates - Slavoj Zizek

Welcome to the Desert of the Real - Slavoj Zizek

No Future - Edleman (will win the NPTE with btw)

Anti-readable - Deloose and Gwaterie 

inb4 tryhards come in and say "Well, you can still read IR advantages, only the aff plan has to curtail domestic surveillance..." 

#ExtraT

Question from a relative newbie; why would that be considered ExtraT? I know there are some theory arguments out there that say advantages must be topical, but I thought the overwhelming general consensus was that necessarily topical advantages didn't make any sense.

Question from a relative newbie; why would that be considered ExtraT? I know there are some theory arguments out there that say advantages must be topical, but I thought the overwhelming general consensus was that necessarily topical advantages didn't make any sense.

He's joking (most likely)

ehh... they have similar ideas and premises but have large differences in conclusions 

I know that. Im saying its good to read both at a near similar time. Not to have cards from both in a 1nc

No Future - Edleman (will win the NPTE with btw)

I mean, it may be a finalist, but I won't lose to Edelman, sorry bud.

• Upvote 1