rnakg1234

RIP patriot aff for 2(0)15?

It's going to be reauthorized in like a week I believe.

Also, why the parentheses?

Edited by Chaos

It's going to be reauthorized in like a week I believe.

Also, why the parentheses?

Maybe a joke about how it's Section 215 of the patriot act? Although there's also s.214 and some other stuff so  idk.

• Upvote 1

I really have no clue why everyone is claiming that the topic is dead now. The Freedom Act is going to pass, and it literally does the same thing with a few reforms which still gives everyone their Metadata affs. Plus, the NSA is definitely still going to be a thing.

Also, good policy affs were never going to be "repeal the Patriot Act". This topic is heaven for super-strategic plan texts.

Edited by CodyGustafson

The freedom act better not pass

Congress isn't going to let the Patriot Act go without something to pick up in it's place...Even if it is relatively similar to the Patriot Act, they are spinning it as something that is way better than the Patriot Act, and it's going to pass because of it. 

Congress isn't going to let the Patriot Act go without something to pick up in it's place...Even if it is relatively similar to the Patriot Act, they are spinning it as something that is way better than the Patriot Act, and it's going to pass because of it.

Politics links / link turns

we have a secret court?

Da fuq happened to the United States? 

You're only just discovering this?

• Upvote 1