BeanieBeanie

MagicalBeanie (Aff) vs. Rnakg1234 (neg)

Hi,

My partner and I decided to debate each other

You already have my aff frank

Judges are welcomed

Edited by MagicalBeanie

Oh yay, you finally consented to being aff after my endless whining, but you still need to post the aff Christine, the judges need to be able to see it. Also, I don't know which one you're using. Go read the rules of v-debates before you do this stuff.

Anyways, 1NC will be out once you go do the stuff above.

Edited by rnakg1234

Oh yay, you finally consented to being aff after my endless whining, but you still need to post the aff Christine, the judges need to be able to see it. Also, I don't know which one you're using. Go read the rules of v-debates before you do this stuff.

Anyways, 1NC will be out once you go do the stuff above.

coolio

CX time!

How much does the plan cost?

ZLD is normally used for wastewater, how do we know that it'll work for desal?

Why demonstration projects?

How much exactly does the plan cost?

Russia's economic state is right now terrible, how have the impacts not been triggered yet?

What exactly are these rogue states mentioned in Freidberg and Schonfeld 08?

Where in IAEA 7 does it mention that the plan will spillover?

Your Coleman 12 card only mentions riots and such around the middle east, where does it say that Russia would do the same?

Back in good ol' commie Russia days, during the cold war, people were starving everywhere, but nobody launched nukes despite it being one of the most tense eras, what's different now?

1NC will be made once these questions have been answered.

CX time!

Nrc 8 explains how it's cost competitive

Davis 6 talks about how it's been tested on desal and works well, look at the last sentence in the warrant and it talks about how it was used in desal.

​Why not? We can still solve our impacts, demonstration is only a small word. Even if you argue that demonstration will take to long or something like that, once the plan is passed, a demonstration plant can still provide water to solve our impacts. 

It's cost competitive, we can argue an exact price later in the 2ac if that's what you want.

Russia's economic state is right now terrible, how have the impacts not been triggered yet?

Russia's economy hasn't collapse yet which is why we need to pass the plan now. Finger 9 Lyn 13 all talk about how we need to solve Russia's crisis before it's too late.

Any country that may include many but we can list a few such a Iran, North Korea, Syria, etc

It talks about how water scarcity is a global issue, extend Nrc 8, Davis 6 that only the us has the tech and is acknowledged well by other countries. Take example when the iPhone was released, Korea, China and many countries followed after the Us established that.

Your Coleman 12 card only mentions riots and such around the middle east, where does it say that Russia would do the same?

It also talks about how emerging middle classes internationally and many countries dependent on the US food stocks, the middle east was just one example showing that people will riot when there is such conflict.

Back in good ol' commie Russia days, during the cold war, people were starving everywhere, but nobody launched nukes despite it being one of the most tense eras, what's different now?

First of all that was with the Soviot Union. It was Capitalism vs Communism, people still had food to eat, water to drink. Now Russia is facing poor harvest and so will the US. People become desperate and will do anything including launching nuclear war.  The communist in the past may have not been that risky, but Filger 9 has risen the point that russians aren't soviets anymore, they aren't ruled by a government strictly in which riots against the government would cause jailing. 

CX time!

That's not answering the question, how much does it cost?

Davis 6 talks about how it's been tested on desal and works well, look at the last sentence in the warrant and it talks about how it was used in desal.

​Why not? We can still solve our impacts, demonstration is only a small word. Even if you argue that demonstration will take to long or something like that, once the plan is passed, a demonstration plant can still provide water to solve our impacts. 

Then what's the point of a demonstration plant? And that's a pretty big word, demonstration means that you're demonstrating to to someone, so who?

It's cost competitive, we can argue an exact price later in the 2ac if that's what you want.

lol whoops two questions

Russia's economy hasn't collapse yet which is why we need to pass the plan now. Finger 9 Lyn 13 all talk about how we need to solve Russia's crisis before it's too late.

Wait, so the crisis has gone on for 6 years since 2009 and nothing's happened yet? 

Any country that may include many but we can list a few such a Iran, North Korea, Syria, etc

Where does it say that in the evidence?

It talks about how water scarcity is a global issue, extend Nrc 8, Davis 6 that only the us has the tech and is acknowledged well by other countries. Take example when the iPhone was released, Korea, China and many countries followed after the Us established that.

Davis 6 doesn't say that only US has the tech... Also, neither NRC 8 cards talk about global modelling either or that other countries look up to the US, so once again, how does IAEA, the only card that mentions spillover in the tag line indicate the plan will spillover?

It also talks about how emerging middle classes internationally and many countries dependent on the US food stocks, the middle east was just one example showing that people will riot when there is such conflict.

First of all that was with the Soviot Union. It was Capitalism vs Communism, people still had food to eat, water to drink. Now Russia is facing poor harvest and so will the US. People become desperate and will do anything including launching nuclear war.  The communist in the past may have not been that risky, but Filger 9 has risen the point that russians aren't soviets anymore, they aren't ruled by a government strictly in which riots against the government would cause jailing. 

Please don't tell me you were serious when you said that conditions back then for the peasants were better than they were now. But anyways, Filger 9 literally says absolutely nothing about jailing rioters and are your Russian impacts even remotely connected to riots?

CX time!

That's not answering the question, how much does it cost?

It's cost competitive, we can argue an exact price later in the 2ac if that's what you want. Cost competitive refers to whenever individuals are willing to compete for something, thus they want the best deal they can get. Proving now that the plan is cost competitive, is it ensured that it is affordable.

Then what's the point of a demonstration plant? And that's a pretty big word, demonstration means that you're demonstrating to to someone, so who?

we need to demonstrate to the private sector that there is potential and then it can also ensure another way/point that will spill over

lol whoops two questions

Wait, so the crisis has gone on for 6 years since 2009 and nothing's happened yet? 

Filger 9 specifically answers your question. During those 6 years the economy didn't collapse now Russia is on the edge.

Where does it say that in the evidence?

If you know what rouge states are, this is common knowledge and if you do not believe me you can even Google, "Rouge states"

Davis 6 doesn't say that only US has the tech... Also, neither NRC 8 cards talk about global modelling either or that other countries look up to the US, so once again, how does IAEA, the only card that mentions spillover in the tag line indicate the plan will spillover?

Davis 6 is a card that emphasizes this new technology that the US developed so ofc only the US has it because it was invented by them. Since the plan hasn't been passed yet, other countries aren't able to get their hands on it yet, hence once we pass the plan. It will spill over and those countries will be able to. Also once again take example when the iPhone was released, Korea, China and many countries followed after the Us established that, it's an obvious point that countries will follow the US. Also bring demonstration in and it can also spill over with that.

Please don't tell me you were serious when you said that conditions back then for the peasants were better than they were now. But anyways, Filger 9 literally says absolutely nothing about jailing rioters and are your Russian impacts even remotely connected to riots?

Yes, they were peasants, peasants who were weak, scared of their government, peasants who dared not to even speak against their government or risk being thrown to jail, peasants who had little money, and couldn't even fight back in fear of their own soldiers, starved to bones before they could even try to rebel or give riots. When war happens, things were different back then, they weren't as well of as we are today. But today's people, if we lose something we become fierce and aggressive which is what the Russians will do if we don't pass the plan. Riots are already going to happen soon. Finger 9 is the card that talks about Russia, yes I did say RUSSIA not the soviet union, the first 2 sentences emphasize the word Russia through common sense we know that people become desperate and will do anything including launching nuclear war.  The communist in the past may have not been that risky, but now the Russians have the capability to do so, you can even look in the unhighlighted portions of the card and it'll support the point even more.

Also the Soviet union had lost 20 million people from the previous war and were still attempting to recover

Edited by MagicalBeanie

One more thing, what's the agent of action?

usfg like the resolution said so

Edited by MagicalBeanie

Here ya go, and Kyler, if you see this, although a lot of these cards are the exact same as the ones you ran against me, I promise that they weren't stolen, they're from other files.

Also Christine, I found a nice little alt for the cap k, I look forward to seeing how you answer it.

Btw, order is oncase then 4 off.

1NC vs Christine.docx

Edited by rnakg1234

I wanna judge

Yay Hi Kyler! Also, once we're done with our debate, could I have some feedback from you on what you felt about the 5 minutes of condo in the 1AR?

First off, status of the k? CP?

Explain your Karabell 14 evidence

Your Gremlin ND (date?) card talks about how crops need magnesium but desal takes it away. Are you saying that these plants and literally given salt water? Isn't there a cycle to return everything back? (*Cough Cough 6th period Biology) Also what happens to the plants with mag defic?

Where in your guardian 1/13 evidence does it exactly say that Russia has collapsed? 

Terezano 1/8 talks about food prices being low now, what about the future?

Explain your chasis 12 evidence. Also, what is this about political bureaucracy 

Who exactly does the CP? Is it the private sector or what, specifically?

Clarification this is cap k and not some kind of disguised kritik or historical materialism stuff like that, yes (Frank I know you like to troll) ?

What is the specific alt of the k? Also In offering this kritik, are you trying to exclude the power of fiat from this round?

What assumption within our case do you base your kritik upon? Then how can you justify that a decision is bad or should be changed?

Explain what your foster 11 tag line states, I don't want the warrants within it but what the tag line specifically means. Also how are we economic contradiction?

Where does it specifically state ANYTHING about extinction not including the human threatening like exploitation of fossil fuels?

How can you ensure that there will not be capitalism if we colonize space? Aren't you using capitalism to attempt to get to space, by cutting off the aff and doing NASA won't you be causing capitalism?

Where does it say in your Ward 13 evidence anything about ocean trading off with nasa?

Timeframe of the Astroids impact?

If water recycling works, then how come california was still in a drought for so long?

Edited by MagicalBeanie

Yay Hi Kyler! Also, once we're done with our debate, could I have some feedback from you on what you felt about the 5 minutes of condo in the 1AR?

Sure but I'm guessing you'll get a good amount from Snark. (Probs way better than mine) My circuit isn't really strong on theory and I usually run 1-4 off. 

Sure but I'm guessing you'll get a good amount from Snark. (Probs way better than mine) My circuit isn't really strong on theory and I usually run 1-4 off. 

Hi! Since you are judging  what do you feel about theory?

Hi! Since you are judging  what do you feel about theory?

I'll vote on it, but I need actual abuse being shown and I need good 2AR explanations of why Condo comes first, o/ws, etc. 

If it's well explained, I will pretty much vote on it. 

Wouldn't you like to know? Condo

Always talking gloom and doom about the economy ends up causing paranoia and cripples spending, it's also a direct turn on your investors thing as nobody's gonna invest

Your Gremlin ND (date?) card talks about how crops need magnesium but desal takes it away. Are you saying that these plants and literally given salt water? Isn't there a cycle to return everything back? (*Cough Cough 6th period Biology)

Of course they aren't. However, when you're desalinating water, a lot of nutrients found within normal water is also completely removed. And no Christine Jie Jie, none of them have a specific cycle and bio doesn't apply in this situation.

Where in your guardian 1/13 evidence does it exactly say that Russia has collapsed? 

Doesn't say so exactly, but it effectively has collapsed though.

If it's low now, why haven't the impacts happened yet? The future really doesn't matter.

National ocean policy requires agency action in order for it to function. Political Bureaucracy is basically when decisions are made by state officials and not by elected local representatives.

It's the United States federal government that does it.

Clarification this is cap k and not some kind of disguised kritik or historical materialism stuff like that, yes (Frank I know you like to troll) ?

Oh but dear sister, I'm an honest little brother :D. Besides, historical materialism is a kind of cap k and seriously, what else can it be? 

What is the specific alt of the k? Also In offering this kritik, are you trying to exclude the power of fiat from this round?

The alternative is what it says it is, it's using critical pedagogy to break down the oppressive power structures that the aff has. Also, we're critiquing your methodology. Not too sure though by what you mean when you're saying that we're trying to exclude fiat.

What assumption within our case do you base your kritik upon? Then how can you justify that a decision is bad or should be changed?

Omg you're using the k theory file aren't you? But anyways, y'all are capitalist etc and that's bad. Of course, it would be lovely if you could perhaps explain your question a bit better? XP

Explain what your foster 11 tag line states, I don't want the warrants within it but what the tag line specifically means. Also how are we economic contradiction?

We never said that you were an economic contradiction. Also, what the tag line is saying comes from the card itself. But anyways, y'all are trying to help the environment while trying to sustain cap and the economy at the same time. It won't work, the environment's gonna die, and we're gonna go extinct.

Where does it specifically state ANYTHING about extinction not including the human threatening like exploitation of fossil fuels?

Read and infer, the reversing of environmental trends would end up with the same impact as FF exploitation.

How can you ensure that there will not be capitalism if we colonize space? Aren't you using capitalism to attempt to get to space, by cutting off the aff and doing NASA won't you be causing capitalism?

And just how are we causing capitalism? We never said that capitalism wouldn't exist as long as we solved for space, Space colonization isn't our alt.

Where does it say in your Ward 13 evidence anything about ocean trading off with nasa?

The part where it says that the fight comes down to money, and that fight is between NOAA and NASA.

We'll read a card for that later, but we'll say it's linear for now until we read it.

If water recycling works, then how come california was still in a drought for so long?

Although it's been in drought, California's getting by with water recycling. Also, with El Nino coming, this project may get in extra boost. (Thank you for telling me about this jie jie :D )

Always talking gloom and doom about the economy ends up causing paranoia and cripples spending, it's also a direct turn on your investors thing as nobody's gonna invest

Your warrant only talks about CEO companies though, how can this even apply to us if we're only involving the USFG?

Your Gremlin ND (date?) card talks about how crops need magnesium but desal takes it away. Are you saying that these plants and literally given salt water? Isn't there a cycle to return everything back? (*Cough Cough 6th period Biology)

Of course they aren't. However, when you're desalinating water, a lot of nutrients found within normal water is also completely removed. And no Christine Jie Jie, none of them have a specific cycle and bio doesn't apply in this situation.

So what happened to the plants that were given the water?

If it's low now, why haven't the impacts happened yet? The future really doesn't matter.

*dies a little inside*

National ocean policy requires agency action in order for it to function. Political Bureaucracy is basically when decisions are made by state officials and not by elected local representatives.

What do you mean as in agency if we are the USFG enacting this plan? How does political bureaucracy affect the plan if we are having the government do the plan?

Oh but dear sister, I'm an honest little brother :D. Besides, historical materialism is a kind of cap k and seriously, what else can it be? 

So... this is historical materialism? wait what, my dear little brother, you know i'm tired and can't think right. I'm old too. Clarify please?

Sers whats the impact to the k lol

The alternative is what it says it is, it's using critical pedagogy to break down the oppressive power structures that the aff has. Also, we're critiquing your methodology. Not too sure though by what you mean when you're saying that we're trying to exclude fiat.

The card you referred to talked about Critical teaching being the best way to understand education and this solves the entire of the aff according to your card, so does your kritik include the affirmative? Also once again what is the specific alt, what are we exactly going to do, are we just teaching people like your warrants say? What are we teaching them about?

Omg you're using the k theory file aren't you? But anyways, y'all are capitalist etc and that's bad. Of course, it would be lovely if you could perhaps explain your question a bit better? XP

How can you justify that our aff is bad? Also are you advocating to completely reject cap? 

We never said that you were an economic contradiction. Also, what the tag line is saying comes from the card itself. But anyways, y'all are trying to help the environment while trying to sustain cap and the economy at the same time. It won't work, the environment's gonna die, and we're gonna go extinct.

How is it going to die, what will happen to cause it to die.

Read and infer, the reversing of environmental trends would end up with the same impact as FF exploitation.

FF? And what reversing of environmental trends?

And just how are we causing capitalism? We never said that capitalism wouldn't exist as long as we solved for space, Space colonization isn't our alt.

Your interpretation of the k is that anything that is capitalist, is bad, if the USFG is capitalist based government, wouldn't the DA contradict with the K since NASA is under the supervision of the USFG?

The part where it says that the fight comes down to money, and that fight is between NOAA and NASA.

​So you ran aspec on me saying that I didn't specify an agent and now you're saying that the plan's agent is NOAA? How does the DA even link?

We'll read a card for that later, but we'll say it's linear for now until we read it.

How is it linear? Please answer me an estimated time of the impact.

Although it's been in drought, California's getting by with water recycling. Also, with El Nino coming, this project may get in extra boost. (Thank you for telling me about this jie jie :D )

Haha your welcome little brother, I'd like to thank you too :D

How did california get by with this plan? why is agriculture still doing bad despite the "supposed" test on california?

Edited by MagicalBeanie

I'm gonna be simulating real cx so I'll answer 5 of what I'd assume are the most important ones to you due to time constraints

Your warrant only talks about CEO companies though, how can this even apply to us if we're only involving the USFG?

*dies a little inside*

What do you mean as in agency if we are the USFG enacting this plan? How does political bureaucracy affect the plan if we are having the government do the plan?

We're saying that it's bad since using the USFG is literally the definition of Bureaucracy.

So... this is historical materialism? wait what, my dear little brother, you know i'm tired and can't think right. I'm old too. Clarify please?

No, it's not HiMa, it's normal cap k. The impacts are actually within the link card and basic oppression mentioned in the alt card.

The card you referred to talked about Critical teaching being the best way to understand education and this solves the entire of the aff according to your card, so does your kritik include the affirmative? Also once again what is the specific alt, what are we exactly going to do, are we just teaching people like your warrants say? What are we teaching them about?

How can you justify that our aff is bad? Also are you advocating to completely reject cap? 

FF is short for fossil fuels, and the environmental trends part is within the card. I worded it pretty badly though, so it would be way better to say that the economic contradiction used when trying to solve for the environment would end up causing the same impacts as FF exploitation.

Your interpretation of the k is that anything that is capitalist, is bad, if the USFG is capitalist based government, wouldn't the DA contradict with the K since NASA is under the supervision of the USFG?

​So you ran aspec on me saying that I didn't specify an agent and now you're saying that the plan's agent is NOAA? How does the DA even link?

Linear means that the more we wait, the worse it'll get. The more we wait to develop NASA, the less time we have to prepare our planetary magnetic astro shields and antimatter powered beam systems!

Haha your welcome little brother, I'd like to thank you too :D
How did california get by with this plan? why is agriculture 
still doing bad despite the "supposed" test on california?

The fact that your ag impacts have yet to happen despite California drought is because of water recycling. A friend of mine in California very recently posted his backyard garden that only used rain to grow, it's quite nice! We just need to increase the program and reinforce it with the USFG

Why not answer all the CX questions...

Oh fine, it's not like there were any I couldn't answer, it's just that no cx lasts this long  <_<

MagicalBeanie, on 29 May 2015 - 10:51 PM, said:snapback.png

rnakg1234, on 29 May 2015 - 10:13 PM, said:snapback.png

MagicalBeanie, on 29 May 2015 - 9:49 PM, said:snapback.png

Your own advantages talk about needing private investors, unless you're gonna concede your entire solvency, that card applies.

They died due to lack of nutrients or were half dead.

Where in your guardian 1/13 evidence does it exactly say that Russia has collapsed? 

*dies a little inside*

We're saying that it's bad since using the USFG is literally the definition of Bureaucracy.

Oh but dear sister, I'm an honest little brother  :D. Besides, historical materialism is a kind of cap k and seriously, what else can it be? 

No, it's not HiMa, it's normal cap k. The impacts are actually within the link card and basic oppression mentioned in the alt card.

What is the specific alt of the k? Also In offering this kritik, are you trying to exclude the power of fiat from this round?

THE ALTERNATIVE IS CRITICAL PEDAGOGY SO THAT WE  CAN BREAK DOWN THE OPPRESSIVE POWER STRUCTURES THAT THE AFF HAS. Critical pedagogy, unless you want a specific essay, is the education of students to think critically on why there's oppression within the status quo and also on breaking down the hegemony weld by the elites.

Why yes we are, and we have more than enough impacts as to why cap is bad. Your aff is capitalist and that's bad.

Omg this is ridiculous, it literally says so word for word in the card. Environmental destruction can happen in a litany of ways but basically, the environment cannot bear the pressure of capitalism and it'll always end up collapsing.  

FF is short for fossil fuels, and the environmental trends part is within the card. I worded it pretty badly though, so it would be way better to say that the economic contradiction used when trying to solve for the environment would end up causing the same impacts as FF exploitation.

WE NEVER SAID THAT EVERYTHING WAS CAPITALIST READ THE CARDS GOSH DARN IT! Okay, I should probably calm down. But anyways, we never argued that the state was necessarily capitalist, we just said that the way out your aff is trying to provide is.

I actually have no idea on whether or not you're really using NOAA, we'll try to use a different link card later but the overall fight comes from ocean vs space overall.

Linear means that the more we wait, the worse it'll get. The more we wait to develop NASA, the less time we have to prepare our planetary magnetic astro shields and antimatter powered beam systems!

Although it's been in drought, California's getting by with water recycling. Also, with El Nino coming, this project may get in extra boost. (Thank you for telling me about this jie jie  :D )

Haha your welcome little brother, I'd like to thank you too  :D

How did california get by with this plan? why is agriculture still doing bad despite the "supposed" test on california?

The fact that your ag impacts have yet to happen despite California drought is because of water recycling. A friend of mine in California very recently posted his backyard garden that only used rain to grow, it's quite nice! We just need to increase the program and reinforce it with the USFG

Why put Case first? 

Because I'm a cool hipster who refuses to conform to normal debate standards  B)