BeanieBeanie

Conditions at Gonzaga? Best things about this camp?

Hi, 

So I decided to go to gonzaga this year with my partner instead of the other ,so and forth, camps that my other team members are going to.
what's it like there? Hot? Cold? My suitcase is small ESPECIALLY with my freaking large debate stand that I just can't leave, no matter how many stands or podiums they provide. 

What were the best things about the camp? Any cool people that I should get to know?

....So I heard the food was bad... I got the full meal plan, what should I expect?

Thanks

The days are hot.  The nights and early mornings can be a bit nippy, but by and large it isn't that bad (and I really only noticed because I went for runs early in the morning before the sun warmed everything up).  It is summer after all.  Bringing a sweatshirt or two is probably not a bad idea, but other than that you shouldn't need much.

I got the full meal plan as well, and, while the food isn't the best, it's not as bad as it's been made out to be. It's cafeteria food, so it is what it is.  If you have some extra spending money, you should definitely hit up Wolffy's at least once (it's just like a block away from the caf).

• Upvote 1

I loved everything about it, and like Marty said, it can get hot in the day and chilly in the morning/night.

Go to the amusement park, everyone does and it's awesome.

Food is god awful. There are a ton of great places to eat outside of the cafeteriea, I reccomend the Zaggin' Wagon.

• Upvote 1

I loved everything about it, and like Marty said, it can get hot in the day and chilly in the morning/night.

Go to the amusement park, everyone does and it's awesome.

Food is god awful. There are a ton of great places to eat outside of the cafeteriea, I reccomend the Zaggin' Wagon.

So what if you're not rich enough to support eating out for a month straight?

Frank plz, we can go out to eat at least once

The days are hot.  The nights and early mornings can be a bit nippy, but by and large it isn't that bad (and I really only noticed because I went for runs early in the morning before the sun warmed everything up).  It is summer after all.  Bringing a sweatshirt or two is probably not a bad idea, but other than that you shouldn't need much.

I got the full meal plan as well, and, while the food isn't the best, it's not as bad as it's been made out to be. It's cafeteria food, so it is what it is.  If you have some extra spending money, you should definitely hit up Wolffy's at least once (it's just like a block away from the caf).

Out of question, should I bring an ethernet cable? How is the wifi and is there air conditioning in the dorms? I got an email from gonzaga with everything but I want to be sure I won't become a roasted debater

Out of question, should I bring an ethernet cable? How is the wifi and is there air conditioning in the dorms? I got an email from gonzaga with everything but I want to be sure I won't become a roasted debater

Don't bring an ethernet cable, I did and never used it. No air conditioning. Wifi is good.

The Zaggin Wagon is $6 for a meal, and that meal is so large that it is both your lunch and dinner. It is also cheaper to eat out every day than the full meal plan.

• Upvote 2

when i went i found it cheaper to buy food from safeway/eat out than to buy the meal plan

SAFEWAY IS THE ONLY ONE OF TWO PLACES IN SPOKANE THAT HAS FRIED CHICKEN I WAS PISSED

• Upvote 1