Woofwoof

author pick

What is the point of it?

If I want to research it, what should I look at?

Any wiki links to teams will be helpful

assuming you mean "author Pic." It's not an argument with a literature base. its just people who might say relying on citations are bad. different people say this. Levi Bryant had one article in his blog where he critiqued people's reliance on naming arguments by their author. Scour the wiki if you want it, but it is probably not worth getting it. the lit is too generic and the answer to Perm do the CP isn't the best.

The point of the argument is mostly to take advantage of the fact that most of the reasons the pic is theoretically illegitimate double turn with the impact turns people read on framework, so it can occasionally cause trouble for teams reading nonresolutional affs.  That said, most of those teams, and certainly all of the good ones, will be well-prepared to answer the argument, and you're on the wrong side of just about every truth claim if they don't mishandle it, so it's not really worth the time.

assuming you mean "author Pic." It's not an argument with a literature base. its just people who might say relying on citations are bad. different people say this. Levi Bryant had one article in his blog where he critiqued people's reliance on naming arguments by their author. Scour the wiki if you want it, but it is probably not worth getting it. the lit is too generic and the answer to Perm do the CP isn't the best.

It comes from Foucault's death of the author, and I agree that there's no reasonable way to answer the perm. This is one of those cases where the PIK justifies Severance (heck this might even fall under a minor repair for you old school people).

It comes from Foucault's death of the author, and I agree that there's no reasonable way to answer the perm. This is one of those cases where the PIK justifies Severance (heck this might even fall under a minor repair for you old school people).

Roland Barthes coined death of the author.