Wait why would you need a framework file? Besides the 1nc shell and maybe a few case turns/

I guess I'm just confused as to what would be in a "big framework file"...

• Upvote 1

Wait why would you need a framework file?

Because they enjoy winning

• Upvote 3

Because they enjoy winning

Lol, I mean like from what I know most ev doesn't go past the 1nc -- its like entirely analytics which are best if you write them yourself if u want to have prewritten blocks

all hail framework but i though they were asking for a bunch of ev but usually cards dont get read much past the 2ac

• Downvote 1

Lol, I mean like from what I know most ev doesn't go past the 1nc -- its like entirely analytics which are best if you write them yourself if u want to have prewritten blocks

all hail framework but i though they were asking for a bunch of ev but usually cards dont get read much past the 2ac

People read plenty of cards past the 2AC, as much as any other argument. Plus, having large files means you have access to a large pool of cards with which you can craft a 1NC that is best suited to your individual preferences.

Doing it wrong.

57:40

And you need a large FW file so you have law good cards for every oppression. A good framework file will have probably over 150 pages of cards on the law good debate alone.

• Upvote 1

Yeah no, that's just not true.

Yeah no, that's just not true.

Ok, guess this would be a good time to learn

What is included in a FW file besides the 1nc shell?

Ok, guess this would be a good time to learn

What is included in a FW file besides the 1nc shell?

Overview, turns case, topical version of the aff, AT: Impact turns, AT: C/I and We meet, standard extensions.

Overview, turns case, topical version of the aff, AT: Impact turns, AT: C/I and We meet, standard extensions.

but are any of those ev?

but are any of those ev?

If you don't want to go 2-4, yes. Particularly you need good cards about why law/legal debate solves whatever the aff is impact turning.

Topical version goes in the block.

1nc is

Interp

Violation

Reasons to prefern(standards/impacts)

Law good for x group

Edited by SnarkosaurusRex

YOU WANT A BIG FRAMEWORK FILE? 

WELL HERE IS A MASSIVE, FAT, GARGANTUM, THICK, LARGE, LUCIOUS, AND HUGE FRAMEWORK FILE 

TWENTY EIGHT DOWNLOADS AND NO REP? 

REALLY?

• Upvote 2

Then why would they want a framework file?

Hate to break it to you, but it's because they enjoy winning.

Edited by MartyP

Hate to break it to you, but it's because they enjoy winning.

Still confused as to how reading framework contributes to that.

You'll cite teams like Northwestern or Westminster who would win regardless of framework, but by and large, teams that read framework will lose more often that teams who have specific strategies.

Still confused as to how reading framework contributes to that.

You'll cite teams like Northwestern or Westminster who would win regardless of framework, but by and large, teams that read framework will lose more often that teams who have specific strategies.

Framework is a specific strategy.  I specifically choose to read it against you and beat you on it.

• Upvote 1

Framework is a specific strategy.  I specifically choose to read it against you and beat you on it.

Haha that'd be awesome but you've never beaten me on framework ;).

And let's put it this way: I lost a lot more this year when teams had specific strategies then when they went for framework.

• Upvote 2