Miro

How to save yourself when this website dies

Okay y'all, it's highly likely that the domain for this website will not be renewed. If that happens, I have some instructions so you'll still be able to access your favorite site when the domain dies. (This is only for Windows users, i don't know how it'll work for mac people).

1. Hit the windows key and type in "notepad" into the start menu search.

2. DON'T LEFT CLICK on "notepad" instead RIGHT CLICK and hit RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR.

3. Hit ctrl+O and then type "C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc" in the upper box where you can browse to a folder. Make sure that the box in the lower right-corner says "All files" and not just "Text Documents".

It should look like this

4. Double click on "hosts"

5. Add "192.111.150.166 www.cross-x.com" after all of the hashtag lines-- It should look like this

6. Save (ctrl+s)

Sorry about the size of my screenshots btw

• Upvote 6

How do you access the webpage from there?

What do you mean?

How do you open a copy of the webpage from the file?

You don't-- you just go to cross-x.com like normal. This overwrites the dns 

So the domain got renewed sometime last night

if the domain got renewed but evazon authors didn't get paid, a joint unjust enrichment action against cross-x might get David's attention. service of a court document is nothing to sneeze at.

if the domain got renewed but evazon authors didn't get paid, a joint unjust enrichment action against cross-x might get David's attention. service of a court document is nothing to sneeze at.

I think it's on auto-renewal.

Edit: at the very least, he should sell the site - even if he loses money in the long run, he'd be doing the community a favor.

Edited by BobbyS