[Surveillance Topic] Policy aff's for next year

Common advantages will probably be:

Human rights

International law/International perception links to various things

Econ

Warming?

Lots of topical K affs

Warming will always be a thing

If You Don't Watch The Factories Do They Pollute? 

tumblr_nkhpeaC9qf1ttpl34o1_500.jpg

• Upvote 8

If You Don't Watch The Factories Do They Pollute? 

I really hope people make jaden smith jokes when I judge next year. I should add that to my paradigm...

There's one specific section of the Patriot Act that's pretty unanimously hated by everyone. I forget what its number is.

There's one specific section of the Patriot Act that's pretty unanimously hated by everyone. I forget what its number is.

Section 215.

• Upvote 1

This link is broken and I have no idea what you're talking about.

Aaron Hernandez from the New England patriots was charged with first degree murder. 

Someone on my team had an idea for an anthro aff which was to stop the tagging of birds (you know when you see a bird with a tiny ankle bracelet or something on their wing)

Someone on my team had an idea for an anthro aff which was to stop the tagging of birds (you know when you see a bird with a tiny ankle bracelet or something on their wing)

Criminalize bird watching! It's "surveillance"! (Who watches the bird watchers?)

But seriously, what are the harms for tagging birds?  Are there any besides the usual vague anthro claims with overblown non-existent impacts that are nonunique because we're still doing tons of anthro stuff anyway?

Edited by Squirrelloid
  • Upvote 1

Criminalize bird watching! It's "surveillance"! (Who watches the bird watchers?)

But seriously, what are the harms for tagging birds?  Are there any besides the usual vague anthro claims with overblown non-existent impacts that are nonunique because we're still doing tons of anthro stuff anyway?

Idk I'll ask him later. I don't really want to run anthro but like, I guess I'm glad that my novices/rising varsity are thinking of stuff?

I would expect so. Anthro affs are usually terrible but someone's gonna read them. At least it's creative kinda

i guess , somehow winning that curtailing internet survaillance is going to get people acess to anything Nomads like . Honestly that will be intresting to see next year the deluze internet control affs 

T-Its

T-Its

I'd be more curious who the hell the actor is supposed to be. The USFG afaik isn't really like the biggest group that tags birds. I'd imagine that'd be like universities and research institutions. 

I'd be more curious who the hell the actor is supposed to be. The USFG afaik isn't really like the biggest group that tags birds. I'd imagine that'd be like universities and research institutions. 

I assumed the aff was to make a law banning bird tags.  I said T-Its because universities and research institutions would be the ones doing the "surveillance."

I assumed the aff was to make a law banning bird tags.  I said T-Its because universities and research institutions would be the ones doing the "surveillance."

Ah, yeah makes sense. I'm gonna blame finals *puff of smoke* *vanishes*

• Upvote 2

i guess , somehow winning that curtailing internet survaillance is going to get people acess to anything Nomads like . Honestly that will be intresting to see next year the deluze internet control affs 

lol I got evidence for virtual symbolic suicides xD THE GIFT OF DEATH reigns supreme XD

• Upvote 1