Hey everyone,

So a while ago, we lost a round against the "Chairman Mao K" by Milpitas DP

Here's the round report from my wiki, we were aff

1AC-  Kritikal Middle Passage

1NC- FW/ T/Race Binary K/ Chairman Mao K/ Batman K/ Case

2NR- FW Chairman Mao K 

Can someone explain what the Mao K even says, I was confused in round, and we apparently misunderstood the K and made it worse for us.

Judges said the Mao K was a major solvency deficit to the aff

Edited by HurderofBuffalos

Bruh this was read for trolling purposes - we don't really intend to read this ever lol

But here's the argument we read against you basically

You aren't black or faced antiblack subjugation yet you advocate actions as supposedly liberatory on to the Black Body. Everything that you know about the black body stems from literature, academia, and the media that you consume, which makes you (if you remember what I called y'all in round) a "study digger". 

- First, this sustains a white theorizing from nowhere, you know nothing of which you speak but mindlessly prescribe actions on to others as liberatory. - Sustains the basic functionings of whiteness - turns case.

- Second, you know nothing of the essentials of antiblackness, the belief that literature and media are the ultimate and final authority on a subject ensures you will arrive at wrong solutions, or risk perpetuating the cycle of antiblackness.

- Third, you make the assumption that black people want your help, and as a non-black, WHITE individual (you said so in CX), you create a system of charity cannibalism and exceptionalism where you assume based on literature that black people are helpless. Mao says this makes you as mindless as a chinese peasant lulz

- Fourth, literature is not the final form of authority on a particular subject - literature invokes a scheming mentality where you pretend to be not racist and liberatory, but your study digger mindset will hide behind your methodology and reentrench power structures.

The alternative was to unconditionally and fundamentally revoke you right to speak on behalf of the oppressed, and go out and investigate. Don't theorize from nwhere, don't be a study digger, endorse investigation of antiblackness etc (which you admitted in the first CX you don't do)

Edited by ConsultVerminSupreme
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Why the hell would someone run the Mao K when there are actual contextual arguments on this? View from nowhere (Yancy), stuff by Wilderson, etc.

• Upvote 4

Bruh this was read for trolling purposes - we don't really intend to read this ever lol

You aren't black or faced antiblack subjugation yet you advocate actions as supposedly liberatory on to the Black Body. Everything that you know about the black body stems from literature, academia, and the media that you consume, which makes you (if you remember what I called y'all in round) a "study digger". 

- First, this sustains a white theorizing from nowhere, you know nothing of which you speak but mindlessly prescribe actions on to others as liberatory. - Sustains the basic functionings of whiteness - turns case.

- Second, you know nothing of the essentials of antiblackness, the belief that literature and media are the ultimate and final authority on a subject ensures you will arrive at wrong solutions, or risk perpetuating the cycle of antiblackness.

- Third, you make the assumption that black people want your help, and as a non-black, WHITE individual (you said so in CX), you create a system of charity cannibalism and exceptionalism where you assume based on literature that black people are helpless. Mao says this makes you as mindless as a chinese peasant lulz

- Fourth, literature is not the final form of authority on a particular subject - literature invokes a scheming mentality where you pretend to be not racist and liberatory, but your study digger mindset will hide behind your methodology and reentrench power structures.

The alternative was to unconditionally and fundamentally revoke you right to speak on behalf of the oppressed, and go out and investigate. Don't theorize from nwhere, don't be a study digger, endorse investigation of antiblackness etc (which you admitted in the first CX you don't do)

I don't think Baudrillard Charity Cannibalism = what Mao is saying 

• Upvote 3

Why the hell would someone run the Mao K when there are actual contextual arguments on this? View from nowhere (Yancy), stuff by Wilderson, etc.

We did read Yancy 05, it was just embedded within the K

We only read this for kicks, weren't planning on going for it, but they kind of conceded it entirely, and we were like eh wth

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

THe Mao K would have been different if you just said you were black

I mean I look white as hell, and my partner is even more white.

We wouldn't be fooling anyone - plus we ain't about that lying lyfe

Alright thanks, but I'm pretty sure looking at the flashed doc on my laptop rn, some of those links you described weren't read in the K, like the Exceptionalism turns and the theorizing from nowhere stuff

Alright thanks, but I'm pretty sure looking at the flashed doc on my laptop rn, some of those links you described weren't read in the K, like the Exceptionalism turns and the theorizing from nowhere stuff

yee

I literally just said that lol

I mean I look white as hell, and my partner is even more white.

We wouldn't be fooling anyone - plus we ain't about that lying lyfe

How do you not hit noppers like every round 

What is "noppers"?

White activism bad. Basically, White people use black suffering as a tool for a ballot which only A) adds to white ppl's "feel" good complex. In other words whites become self congratulatory and think that their activism deserves a token (aka the ballot) 

B) It basically makes poc's a commodity for white usage.

The article is specific to white people reading these arguments but it can def be used against people who don't identify with the oppressed group they are talking about in their aff. If there are clear and valuable ontological relationships between the debater's identity and the identity discussed then you can take this argument out easily. But if all you have is White ppl should learn about race then you'll probs drop to this easily.  

If there are clear and valuable ontological relationships between the debater's identity and the identity discussed then you can take this argument out easily. 

I think the way you use ontological is incorrect. We all have ontological relationships to each other. The fact that our body is in the world means we have some sort of relationship to other objects. 

I think the way you use ontological is incorrect. We all have ontological relationships to each other. The fact that our body is in the world means we have some sort of relationship to other objects. 

Im right in the context of the args the person who started this post is talking about. Im specific to the relationships to antagonisms

Edited by philiburgers

White activism bad. Basically, White people use black suffering as a tool for a ballot which only A) adds to white ppl's "feel" good complex. In other words whites become self congratulatory and think that their activism deserves a token (aka the ballot) 

B) It basically makes poc's a commodity for white usage.

The article is specific to white people reading these arguments but it can def be used against people who don't identify with the oppressed group they are talking about in their aff. If there are clear and valuable ontological relationships between the debater's identity and the identity discussed then you can take this argument out easily. But if all you have is White ppl should learn about race then you'll probs drop to this easily.  

Can you link me to said article?

It sounds a lot like Tears of the White Man