JaredCroitoru

Answering Wounded Attachments

This really hasnt been an issue this year, but for next year I need help answering these type of arguements where lets say a race aff , a burning down of civil society , you build resittment , how do we deal with these debates

Well Wounded Attachments is really a piece of terminal D at best when it comes to Identity based Criticisms. arg is like "speaking of historical based trauma ensures you stay only to that identity! Haha!" so at best it's defense 

a few big pieces of offense on this i think 

a) You burn down civil society/call for the end of the world-- that is effectively the destruction of subjectivity which means you link turn the K because you make it so that the anti black world has no stable subject or identity to cling too. 

B) its not resentment/resentment is the status quo -- being black is a hatred of the self because black flesh has to internalize anti black norms-- if you've ever read african american lit, you'll see in pieces of lit such as Native son By richard wright's character could not stand his identity/hated himself because the world says its a crime/sucky to be black. There is an affective pessimism that generates the call for the end of the world which is transformative and that in itself is positive and not reactive. 

c) Concepts such as nihilism that come from identity politics are privileged/eurocentric/mean etc. not my fave but im sure its rhetorically powerful and jives with your aff 

Edited by Alwaysgoforinherency
  • Upvote 2

Don't feel like going into detail but you're missing A LOT of the intricacies of Brown's argument. Anyone who has actually read the lit would easily beat those answers because the argument is not as simple as you make it out to be. Plus it's not even terminal D it's explicit offense against those certain types of struggles. 

• Upvote 1

Don't feel like going into detail but you're missing A LOT of the intricacies of Brown's argument. Anyone who has actually read the lit would easily beat those answers because the argument is not as simple as you make it out to be. Plus it's not even terminal D it's explicit offense against those certain types of struggles. 

Where's the uniqueness lol? really are you telling me people don't have ounded attachments to identities now? The only alt is usually the BS communities alt which is just a floofy version of intersectionality/coalitions. BTW I read the "lit"  and it was my aff

Edited by Alwaysgoforinherency

Where's the uniqueness lol? really are you telling me people don't have ounded attachments to identities now? The only alt is usually the BS communities alt which is just a floofy version of intersectionality/coalitions. BTW I read the "lit"  and it was my aff

Yes, where is this uniqueness that you speak of, that all other kritiks happen to have??

Also, offense/defense doesn't really matter when I have an alt and can beat the perm.

If I as a judge am choosing between an aff that "ensures you stay only to that identity! Haha!" and alt that avoids that case defense, I'm going to default neg unless you have equal defense or offense against the alt.

Edit: 

A la uniqueness, unless I've been debating Ks wrong my entire life, the alternative resolves the uniqueness question

Edited by Miro
  • Upvote 2

Run a hauntology Aff instead, it basically has built-in answers to wounded attachments - can confirm ;)

This is very true, hauntology is very effective against wounded attachments. But I would only recommend that to people that are familiar with Derrida.