FlashJ596

FlashJ596 (AFF) vs. CodyGustafson (NEG) Oceans Topic

Edit: straight policy round, or are Ks cool with you too?  

Cross-x

Plan - 

Development or exploration? 

What is an offshore security port? 

Humyn trafficking 

Your Human Trafficking Search card just say there is a high level of sex trafficking in the US, how does your aff solve? 

How many people are actually trafficked into the US by port-based cargo? 

Why is humyn trafficking the "ultimate evil"? 

Your Berube card is literally in the context of nanotech, what does it have to do with the dumynization that humyn trafficking perpetuates?  

Is stopping humyn trafficking the only moral obligation we have? 

Invasive species 

How to cargo containers bring in enough invasive species to kill biodiversity? 

What's the brink for extinction? 

Why are possibilities irrelevant? 

What will ill the people working these ports do whenever they come across invasive species? 

Are other countries modeling US port security now? 

Edited by CodyGustafson

Edit: straight policy round, or are Ks cool with you too?  Mostly policy would be great, but Im cool debating a k as long as its not something like "debate bad" and "talking for others bad"(not saying these are bad args. I just hit them a lot this year)

Cross-x

Plan - 

Development or exploration? Dev

What is an offshore security port? A port that floats 25-50 nautical miles off of a regular port that can scan 100% of all containers coming to the US 

Humyn trafficking 

Your Human Trafficking Search card just say there is a high level of sex trafficking in the US, how does your aff solve? The laplain 14 also cites that there are millions packed everyday into cargo containers and the cites ports as main source for human trafficking and talks about the being plan key to solve because of its ability to scan for human trafficked victims 

How many people are actually trafficked into the US by port-based cargo? Millions

Why is humyn trafficking the "ultimate evil"? Berube 97 talks about "when people become things, they become dispensable, when they become dispensable, any atrocity can be justified"

Your Berube card is literally in the context of nanotech, what does it have to do with the dumynization that humyn trafficking perpetuates?  Its in the context of treating people as a means to an end , and if you look at the idang 13 card, it talks specifically about people being treated as such in the status quo.  

Is stopping humyn trafficking the only moral obligation we have? Nope, but this is a big one

Invasive species 

How to cargo containers bring in enough invasive species to kill biodiversity? We will debate that 60-80% of invasive species come to through cargo containers, and every invasive species coming in the coast destroys biodiversity, its just a matter of time until we destroy that one main keystone species that will lead to the whole system collapsing 

What's the brink for extinction? The drieshe 2000 card cites that we never know when we will actually cause the bio D loss because we dont know what keystone species is actually key to the ecosystems

Why are possibilities irrelevant? The answer is basically the same as the one above

What will ill the people working these ports do whenever they come across invasive species? Stop them from being introduced into a new environment where they will do damage  

Are other countries modeling US port security now? They're modeling many security measures in the status quo

Conditions of the CP and K?

K

Just explain the K to me.

Coast Guard DA:

Why does my plan necessarily cause the link?

How much money causes the link?

Politics

Your link seems predicated on cost of the ports, correct?

I may have a few follow ups but this should be fine for now. 

Conditions of the CP and K?

Conditional 

K

Just explain the K to me. 

The 1AC is laced with all of these moral obligations and ethical appeals. We say that these ethical appeals are wrong because the only ethical option is one that calls for the end to civil society. You're trying to work within the system to change the system and are refusing to change the antagonisms that further anti-blackness in the system. Thus, the alt is to be radically negative to civil society. 

Coast Guard DA:

Why does my plan necessarily cause the link?

CG has to spend more money than they have in order to make and operate these offshore ports 

How much money causes the link?

I mean, we can have that debate if you want to. None of the 1NC ev indicates a specific number, but our Westney ev indicates that new budget acquisitions mean that the CG has to force tradeoffs because of how strapped their budget is 

Politics

Your link seems predicated on cost of the ports, correct?

The cost of making and securing ports is unpopular with people in congress because of the backlash they receive over the massive amount of spending on them. 

I may have a few follow ups but this should be fine for now. 

Edited by CodyGustafson

Actually a few more questions.

T

What abuse is there in the round?

Case-HT

Explain the Cummiskey 90 and Nielsen 72  cards 

CG DA

Is every plan done in the EEZ run by the coast guard?

IS CP

What is bio control? 

And Ill have it tomorrow! 

Edited by FlashJ596

Actually a few more questions.

T

What abuse is there in the round?

Idk the 2AC hasn't even happened yet...I guess if you're going to pin me down to something right now, let's go with the hella generic strat of the 1NC 

Case-HT

Explain the Cummiskey 90 and Nielsen 72  cards 

Util is the best, instead of appealing to moral oblations, we should focus on saving the most people 

CG DA

Is every plan done in the EEZ run by the coast guard?

Lol, of course not, but obviously port security off of the coasts would be 

And Ill have it tomorrow! 

Edited by CodyGustafson

6, trafficking, invasive species

Util is true til is my new favorite quote.

• Upvote 1

Util is true til is my new favorite quote.

I've got to be real, I got it from Jacobstime on here back when he used to post and stuff </3

Edited by CodyGustafson

OK its probably really unorganized but I dont have too much time to organize it well. 

T,

Human Trafficking,

Invasive Species,

Politics,

Coast Guard, 

Afro,

DOD CP,

FIsh CP.

Ready for CX, but I wont be able to answer until tomorrow.

2AC vs. LINDALE.docx

T:

What affs does your c/i allow?

Why isn't potential abusive a voter?

Ptx:

What models does your Todd ev even conclude? It seems to be just a person ranting about politics in general.

K:

Why is your f/w best for debate?

How does your f/w lead to actual change?

Is your Maty Ba ev really saying that Wilderson exaggerates racism?

How do we affirm racial identity?

How is tearing down civil society "returning"?

Why is racism a political problem? Your Davis ev doesn't seem to answer the question of how to overcome it with racism.

What's this question mark disad?

DoD:

What is the Khan ev even talking about?

T:

What affs does your c/i allow? Economic/Environmental/Social/Intellectual Development-so we basically can get affs that arent all OCS, Nat gas, Deep sea mining.

Why isn't potential abusive a voter?Because you can just make a lot of claims of arguments you cant run, but if theres no in round abuse, theres no reason to vote on T, unless we are like a K Aff

Ptx:

What models does your Todd ev even conclude? It seems to be just a person ranting about politics in general. Hes talking about the correlation between obama flooding congress with multiple bills, and that led to the most political achievements in there. 

K:

Why is your f/w best for debate? It is so that my 1AC doesn't go to waste and I can actually weigh my affs impacts against your impacts.

How does your f/w lead to actual change?It leads to actual pragmatic change and actually check which has the most desirability.

Is your Maty Ba ev really saying that Wilderson exaggerates racism? ​its not that hes exaggerating racism, it says that he doesn't give a real solution to this Anti-Blackness struggle

How do we affirm racial identity?You talk about how the antagonism of black and white bodies construct a matrix of violence that is the structure of civil society

How is tearing down civil society "returning"?What do you mean?

Why is racism a political problem? Your Davis ev doesn't seem to answer the question of how to overcome it with racism. Racism exists as an ontological level as it stands, however it is perpetuated into youth through politics (e.g Segregation), and while we don't claim to solve racism on an initial ontological level. Only through a series of systematic state reforms can we influence the state of mind young people have about racisms...thus it would probably be a better method of eradicating racism down the line.

What's this question mark disad?You say we need this super radical change, then say that that radical change will lead to a better government. but you don't talk about the in between, that transition. That blank spot is where the social violence occurs.

DoD:

What is the Khan ev even talking about?DOD bad at dealing with management, and is even bad at dealing with their financial problems  

DOD

Why does the perm link

What do you mean by "perms intrinsic" 

What do you mean "flips presumption aff, least amount of action required is the CP "

How doesnt this link to CG DA?

Your DiPeso evidence is talking about highways and internet. How does that give them solvency on the aff?

CG DA

Your Conway evidence is talking about just showing power over the ocean, how does CG solve?

On Uniqueness-So any project involving the CG,  that costs a substantial amount, and isnt part of their new budget, causes the t/i

I may have more, ill see later today if i do

DOD

Why does the perm link

Still requires Obama to use PC 

What do you mean by "perms intrinsic" 

Perm requires cooperation b/w DoD and the DHS, means it adds non-specified aspects of the CP or the aff into the perm

What do you mean "flips presumption aff, least amount of action required is the CP "

Sufficiency means that you vote for the least amount of action required 

How doesnt this link to CG DA?

Never said it didn't 

Your DiPeso evidence is talking about highways and internet. How does that give them solvency on the aff?

DiPeso is just talking about how DoD has a tech spillover globally when it comes to commercialization - that card is just there so if you make a arg in the 1AR that the DoD can't spillover with tech

CG DA

Your Conway evidence is talking about just showing power over the ocean, how does CG solve?

The OPC increases our presence in the ocean 

On Uniqueness-So any project involving the CG,  that costs a substantial amount, and isnt part of their new budget, causes the t/i

Any action that requires the CG to fund it and, sure. The CG doesn't just add new projects in the middle of fiscal budgets though

I may have more, ill see later today if i do

Edit: It may be Sunday before I can get the 1NR up, I have regionals for extemp this weekend 

Edited by CodyGustafson

Edit: It may be Sunday before I can get the 1NR up, I have regionals for extemp this weekend 

Take your time, I have to catch up on some school work

Ok 1AR will be up in few days or so. I still have to catch up on school work. (Teachers have slammed me with tons of work)

Edited by FlashJ596