CarlaR

TPA Uniqueness

Hey friends, 

I can't find uniqueness to save my life. If anyone has a card (preferably from after the middle of February) or even just an URL that they're willing to share would be wonderful. All help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Oops I hadn't realized somebody else had already started a post on this issue. My apologizes

Hey friends, 

I can't find uniqueness to save my life. If anyone has a card (preferably from after the middle of February) or even just an URL that they're willing to share would be wonderful. All help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

TPA will pass but PC key to overcome democratic opposition

Chase 3/4 | Spencer Chase, < “Thune worried about TPA 'getting lost' in Capitol Hill shuffle,” March 4, 2015. http://www.agri-pulse.com/Thune-worried-about-TPA-getting-lost-in-Capitol-Hill-shuffle-03042015.asp. Accessed 3/5/15, Tyler>

WASHINGTON, March 4, 2015 - As Republicans work to accomplish their legislative agenda, a party leader is worried that a key trade measure will be overtaken by other political goals. South Dakota Sen. John Thune, in a conference call with reporters, spoke about a number of legislative goals Republicans would like to accomplish in the near future such as overriding President Barack Obama's veto of the Keystone XL Pipeline Approval act (S.1). While the party's goals are important, he said opposition to Trade Promotion Authority (TPA), which would give the administration the ability to negotiate trade deals without further amendments from Congress, needs to be addressed with action, not conversation. “I'm concerned about (TPA) getting lost, because it's really important,” Thune said. “What I'm afraid is happening is although the president pays lip service to his support for trade, we're running into a lot of resistance right now from Democrats on Capitol Hill, some Republicans as well who, for various reasons, are now all of the sudden starting to oppose these trade deals.” The process would be greatly helped, Thune said, if Obama would stress the importance of TPA and trade agreements like the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) and the Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (T-TIP) with members of his party. “We need presidential leadership,” Thune added. “We need the president up here working with members on his side of the aisle to persuade them that this is a good thing for our economy and for jobs. Even though we've heard him say that and we've heard members of his administration say that, we're not seeing any evidence that they're actually leaning into it and trying to get this done.”

TPA will pass but PC key to overcome democratic opposition

Chase 3/4 | Spencer Chase, < “Thune worried about TPA 'getting lost' in Capitol Hill shuffle,” March 4, 2015. http://www.agri-pulse.com/Thune-worried-about-TPA-getting-lost-in-Capitol-Hill-shuffle-03042015.asp. Accessed 3/5/15, Tyler>

WASHINGTON, March 4, 2015 - As Republicans work to accomplish their legislative agenda, a party leader is worried that a key trade measure will be overtaken by other political goals. South Dakota Sen. John Thune, in a conference call with reporters, spoke about a number of legislative goals Republicans would like to accomplish in the near future such as overriding President Barack Obama's veto of the Keystone XL Pipeline Approval act (S.1). While the party's goals are important, he said opposition to Trade Promotion Authority (TPA), which would give the administration the ability to negotiate trade deals without further amendments from Congress, needs to be addressed with action, not conversation. “I'm concerned about (TPA) getting lost, because it's really important,” Thune said. “What I'm afraid is happening is although the president pays lip service to his support for trade, we're running into a lot of resistance right now from Democrats on Capitol Hill, some Republicans as well who, for various reasons, are now all of the sudden starting to oppose these trade deals.” The process would be greatly helped, Thune said, if Obama would stress the importance of TPA and trade agreements like the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) and the Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (T-TIP) with members of his party. “We need presidential leadership,” Thune added. “We need the president up here working with members on his side of the aisle to persuade them that this is a good thing for our economy and for jobs. Even though we've heard him say that and we've heard members of his administration say that, we're not seeing any evidence that they're actually leaning into it and trying to get this done.”

Except that Chase is saying that Obama isn't doing that

• Upvote 2