mycaruba

Bioprospecting/ocean pharmaceuticals neg strat?

i have case stuff but i need offcase.. any ideas?

I hit an Ebola pharmaceuticals aff earlier this year and this was my (winning) 1nc strat:

- Japan CP (Japan should do the plan because they have better tech and experience)

- Amazon CP ( I think it was like Amazon rainforest has more pharmaceuticals, we should explore that => use Japan in any context ocean or amazon)

- Politics DA ( NOAA/NOPP unpopular. _______ more important geopolitical hotspot than African ebola crisis)

- Baudrillard K (Suffering of other half of the world being commodified => suffering to win ballot and stuff)

- American Exceptionalism K (Disease is just an excuse for the US to spread itself out through the ocean to impose its superiority onto other nations like Africa)

we went for Japan, Baudrillard and Exceptionalism in 2nr

You went for a CP and two Ks in the 2nr??

And I think intl cp and ptx is a good strat

The US key warrants are BS, only arg is the aff solves science lead which is impact turnable and a NB to an intl cp

There are good security links to disease that apply

and the aff wants to commericialize medicine which is pretty capitalist and new drugs prob will only.go to rich ppl and globilization makes disease spread existential so the cap K is solid.

• Upvote 1

As well to this is see mabye someone scrapping out a Brazil CP from Last year , you put the Amazon key stuff their for that and add enviroment turns where you have two net benefits that are link everything ties together . As well to that add Brazil SOI and add idk Cap/Security K just to have 4 off K CP and two DA's and solvency deficits and turns on case it seems really easy win

I used to run a case kind of like this, and some of the starts that i saw were

Anthro

Eco managerialism

India CP

Japan CP

ptx

bioprospecting DA

I haven't seen it used but there are some really good links to biopower that I've found

securitization

the japan cp is pretty weak though unless you do it right

Sorry for the double post, but if you pm me i can send you some stuff if you need any of the arguments that i listed

1 off Heidegger would be my strategy. If you're looking along the non-traditional path with respect to neg strats, anthro with a wipeout alt would be good too.

I would read 1 off wilderson tbh. Talk about how pharama is racist and ebola rhetoric from the west is also super racist. There is some evidence about how the West played a part in spreading ebola 

You went for a CP and two Ks in the 2nr??

And I think intl cp and ptx is a good strat

The US key warrants are BS, only arg is the aff solves science lead which is impact turnable and a NB to an intl cp

There are good security links to disease that apply

and the aff wants to commericialize medicine which is pretty capitalist and new drugs prob will only.go to rich ppl and globilization makes disease spread existential so the cap K is solid.

Yeah I went for both K's because they both were centered on the USFG being a bad actor. One in that it promotes exceptionalism and dehumanization of nations, and the other that the western world is feeding off of the suffering of the other half of the world, reducing it to statistics and stuff. Because both of these are sort of held on the theory that USFG is a bad actor, we went with Japan.

Yeah I went for both K's because they both were centered on the USFG being a bad actor. One in that it promotes exceptionalism and dehumanization of nations, and the other that the western world is feeding off of the suffering of the other half of the world, reducing it to statistics and stuff. Because both of these are sort of held on the theory that USFG is a bad actor, we went with Japan.

nonononononononononononononononononononono

Edited by MartyP
  • Upvote 1

Hey, we made some questionable decisions, including reading Consult Vermin CP in the 2NR just for kicks, and still won the round. It's all good.

It's not always about winning rounds.  I could win a round against my little sister, but you don't see me bragging about it.

It's not always about winning rounds.  I could win a round against my little sister, but you don't see me bragging about it.

Wasn't bragging about it,this was one of my shit neg strats, which I justify because it was like 11:00, the judge got lost and showed up late, and it was round 6 of the day. We were tired, didn't really care. But even then, #theballotismyb**** 

ALL HAIL VERMIN SUPREME. 

• Upvote 1