An explanation of the aff would be good as well....

It's an aff that says the inuit are often marginalized in society and their view of the world is seen as "ridiculous", because it entails personal relationality with their environment. They advocate the epistemology of the inuit, which is probably cooption if they're not Inuit, but whatevs. They ague that this resolves the structure of colonialism because stereotypes are one of the ways by which we justify marginalizing native populations. 

It's an aff that says the inuit are often marginalized in society and their view of the world is seen as "ridiculous", because it entails personal relationality with their environment. They advocate the epistemology of the inuit, which is probably cooption if they're not Inuit, but whatevs. They ague that this resolves the structure of colonialism because stereotypes are one of the ways by which we justify marginalizing native populations. 

......oh this isn't so bad. 

At this point I'm thinking FW + Antiblackness K + Chow K .... good strat?

^ wow I was stupid

Edited by ConsultVerminSupreme

......oh this isn't so bad. 

At this point I'm thinking FW + Antiblackness K + Chow K .... good strat?

You should really reconsider. That is quite literally the most contradictory strategy you could possibly have 

• Upvote 7

You should really reconsider. That is quite literally the most contradictory strategy you could possibly have 

-_____________-  I have no clue what I was thinking.......

I'd probably go with either

Afropessimism straight up

OR

FW + Chow 

• Upvote 1

Framework: Defend the state! Defend civil society!

Antiblackness K: But also fuck the state and civil society! 

Chow: But make sure you dont talk about suffering! 

Go for Antiblackness, thats what im going to do

Edited by foucault0ff
  • Upvote 1

but the antiblackness perm on Wilderson thought aka Perm both natives and blacks are black according to Wilderson

yeah but Natives aren't positioned in an antagonistic relation to civil society - they're more like the liminal space between black and anti-black as they do have subjectivity (whereas the black body is a mere object of accumulation)

but the antiblackness perm on Wilderson thought aka Perm both natives and blacks are black according to Wilderson

but not really, at all... triangulation != equivalence

I JUST WANT PEOPLE TO THINK CKM PH IS A THREAT OKAY 

if it makes you feel any better we practically* made a case neg to your aff

(*practically because you know we are the scrappiest of the scrappy)

• Upvote 1

yeah but Natives aren't positioned in an antagonistic relation to civil society - they're more like the liminal space between black and anti-black as they do have subjectivity (whereas the black body is a mere object of accumulation)

In other words, natives are half socially dead, because on one hand they exist in an ontology of genocide (ie the way natives exist in the world is a process of constantly being genocided) but they are not natally alienated, ie they can make claims on things like tribal land and resources owned by their ancestors.

• Upvote 2

Wilderson also says that white people using his theory in debate is bad so gg easy. 

You could go w generic FW Cap or Wilderson if thats your jam, but if youre up to cutting a more specific strat there is very very good links to the Eco-Indian K. It argues the essentializing indigenous culture as more "with nature" is a violent appropriation that justifies colonial domination as well as essentializing non indigenous peoples as destroyers of the environment which makes environmental destruction inevitable. This not only turns the aff but you can get some good external impacts.

Cali was the State with the most ToC bids this year so lul wut

has the most people, so your point?

i'm not hating, i'm just poking fun :P