kylerbuckner

Philosophy to Read

I want to get more into the K realm over the summer and need some books to read to catch me up on the basic lit that I need to know to understand the critical side more. I just need to get in touch with some all around basics and the premises of most major critiques, especially Agamben/Biopower/Fearism. So what is the basic literature that I need to read over the summer?

Gender Trouble by Judith Butler and Gendering Global Conflict by Laura Sjoberg (do the second one as an intro to the first one)

• Upvote 1

I am about to start The History of Sexuality by Foucault, is Gendering Global Conflict for Gender K's? Because my district will get nowhere with that.

One time in a round we accidentally called a girl-guy team the infamous 'you guys' before the 1NR, and in the 1AR the girl brought up a gender K, then in the 2AR her partner stood up and was like "See, I am a dude and I don't really care about gendered language so" 

I'll still probably end up reading it, though.

One time in a round we accidentally called a girl-guy team the infamous 'you guys' before the 1NR, and in the 1AR the girl brought up a gender K, then in the 2AR her partner stood up and was like "See, I am a dude and I don't really care about gendered language so" 

This statement alone is why you should read Butler and Sjoberg

• Upvote 4