MartyP

Thursday File 2/26/15

Check out my politics file on duhbait.com!

This politics update comes with three scenarios: AUMF, Department of Homeland Security, and TPA.

TPA is the usual stuff that y'all have been debating, with a bunch of solid updates across the board.

AUMF is the best new scenario.  The impacts (really impact) are not very versatile because it's pretty much just terrorism impacts.  That being said, the evidence is easily some of the best in this file.  The basic argument is that Obama is trying to get AUMF passed to allow him to go and bomb the crap out of ISIS.  The evidence is particularly good because there's a lot of stuff about how the perception of a unified US in regards to terror is really important when engaging with other countries.

The DHS scenario would have been a lot better except that the funding bill for the Department of Homeland Security is going to run out tomorrow, so the scenario will take a big change after tomorrow that anyone wanting to read this scenario will have to account for (sorry!).  On the flip side, if it remains viable (and I suspect it might, the status quo seems to be in the direction of a very short term funding bill, which would still make this DA work) the evidence is overall very good and the impact scenarios are a little bit more versatile than the AUMF DA.

Questions, comments, concerns? Let me know!

• Upvote 1

I'm having trouble finding where exactly it is on duhbait, would you mind posting a direct link?

I'm having trouble finding where exactly it is on duhbait, would you mind posting a direct link?

Yeah, so Bobby won't have access to his computer to accept my submitted file until tomorrow apparently, and it won't show up until he accepts it.  I can email you a copy of the file if you don't want to wait, just pm me your email.

Tigard just saying we know that you download these files :)

And you even manage to destroy the beautiful formatting that they put into them! 

Edited by RainSilves