Nodulux

Best Policy Team in Oregon 2015

<Wrecking cut out for the sake of brevity>

There's a bunch of factual inaccuracies in here, <More wrecking>

First off, oh my gosh, IDK who ashock is but they just got destroyed. Second, sorry if I messed some details up. What factual inaccuracies were you referring to, exactly?

"and OES pretty consistently gets trolled in triples"

upvoted because I just got smashed  :sob:  for real though, Jon is amazing. 

Not a huge fan of "online communities" like this, but I'm gonna resurrect my account for a quick second because I cannot stand when people trash on my siblings.

This year, Jon is as good, probably better, than me. He's currently debating with an 8th grader with absolutely zero debate experience, and he absolutely steamrolls teams that annihilate South and OES on the regular. Not taking away from Soren and Cyrus, but I don't see them beating teams with 5,6 bids. Henry and Leo are both very very good, but Jon is, without a doubt, individually better.

Idk if you don't do logic or are just a hater, but Jon and Kacie almost never lose to either South or OES. I know they aren't going to the TOC and whatnot, but also realize that Clackamas goes to one bid tournament a year. South took half a dozen tournaments to get two bids, and OES pretty consistently gets trolled in triples, if they even make it there. And at zag, Jon and Kacie lost their bid round to basically the best team on the west coast.

this is 100% true – Jon is an amazingly hard worker, probably the best debater I know (esp. w/ argument diversity, who knew you could read more than two different Ks), & inspires me to attempt to do as much work as he does. much support for clack, doing a great job reviving oregon debate.

if anyone's overrated it could be us, 2/6 on bids is a good point. 

• Upvote 1

a little late but shhhhhh

Senior you will miss most:dan and cyrus rip 
Best judge: mark little or erwig

Best coach: ^
Best squad/school: OES
Best team: south ls/clack/oesjl
Best novice team: lincoln is gettin pretty good tbh

Best aff team: oes lj/ jonathan reading that death no impact card in da 1ac
Best neg team: south
Best 1a: anybody not me
Best 2a: leo saenger
Best 1n: leo saenger<-- fire
Best 2n: henry lininger dng 2nrs so good
Best kritik debater: south with dem dng and marx 2ns/1ns or jonathan with intralocality wildy strats
Best straight-up policy debater: what is politics
Best negative position: intralocality luls
Best aff: the phallus
Most untopical aff: the phallus/welfare
Funniest offcase argument you heard: satan K

Worst Judge RFD: "vote aff cuz k is nonunique disad"
Most persuasive speaker(s): soren with dem 2ars where he walks up and yells at the judge
Most helpful person: jonathan w/ givin me dat wildy file+more
Most hardworking debater: holy shit jonathan does so much work holla
Fastest debater: jon is "deceptively fast" -h lininger
Best debater overall: definitely jonathan esp at zag and the ever changing neg and aff strats

The best team next year: south yupyup
Squad to watch out for next year: south yupyup

Funniest debater: henry lininger with dem dng rounds and cross ex's

Most fun debater to judge/watch: henry lininger
Most improved debater: the whole circuit is better this year
Most improved team: south ls
Most Underrated team: OES B and all the oak hill teams

Most underrated debater: Kacie Lee s/o to her

s/o to oak hill for those one off kritik rounds 

Edited by mavery

OES pretty consistently gets trolled in triples, if they even make it there. 

Actually, it is usually doubles, thank you very much. That aside, I think Jon is the best debater in the state and one of the most fun people to debate against. He also runs more than just one position on the neg, which is pretty great. I am pretty confident Clack LL will make it to the TOC next year if they go to more bid tournaments. 

Hey you know what would be cool this year? If everybody disclosed on the wiki (:

where might a lad find this elusive wiki

You folks are really starting to tick me off. I have not heard a single thing from any one of you that remotely qualifies as an actual argument. People respond to you, both on this forum, and through your webcam "debates," with nuanced claims and warranted analysis to support said claims, and you return nothing but "Bitch faggot coward lol so butthurt keyboard warrior, hahahah feminists don't know how facts work!" 

Alright hotshot, I dare you, instead of a meme, to reply with one warranted, fact or logic based claim. Here's a question to start you out; why is a discussion forum for a high-school activity the best platform for your activism? 

> inb4 "cause you fags don't know how REAL debate works!!!! gotta search for the TRUTH instead of just being in a liberal echo chamber!!!" Listen, we do search for "truth." In policy debate, our activity, literally anything is open for discussion. We debate whether death is good or bad, we debate the solutions to foreign policy issues, we debate racism, sexism, and other structural inequalities from every possible angle. Do you really think that in the decades that competitive debate has been growing and evolving, not one of us has ever considered that debate is a search for truth? We do see it as a search for truth, or at least as a method of exposing ourselves to diverse perspectives. And we have heard your perspective. And we think you are full of shit.

So how about it, Mr. FactsandLogic? Gonna "run like a scared little bitch?" Gonna "hide behind mommy's keyboard" and post another vacuous meme because it is easier than actually typing out a coherent thought? I sure hope you don't, cause I really want to see what it looks like when you actually try to put your views into words.

PS: Extra points if you can respond without using "coward," "SJW," "faggot," "white knight," "bitch," "cunt," "feminazi," "libtard," etc. I refrained (through great force of will) from calling you names, so for you to call me names would only further demonstrate that you are, contrary to your claims, ruled by emotion, not reason. Which is, I understand, the ultimate sin in a debate, according to you.

dDmwRu.jpg

• Upvote 2

i love how fucking pathetic piece of shit faggot cowards like you brag about your debating ability but NOT ONE SINGLE ONE OF YOU PATHETIC FAGGOT COWARDS has stepped up to PROVE IT!

unlike you, you pathetic piece of shit, i am able to put my money where my mouth is. 

now go cry to your mommy.

vagesp.jpg

lul
  • Upvote 2

i love how fucking pathetic piece of shit faggot cowards like you brag about your debating ability but NOT ONE SINGLE ONE OF YOU PATHETIC FAGGOT COWARDS has stepped up to PROVE IT!

unlike you, you pathetic piece of shit, i am able to put my money where my mouth is. 

vagesp.jpg

My god, you are sad. I gave you the chance to make any sort of intelligent statement. I literally said you could make any freaking statement you liked, as long as it was substantiated. I challenged you to come up with a single statement that wasn't a meme or an insult. You couldn't. I find it incredible that you could possibly accuse us of not "putting our money where our mouth is." 

You want to know why I won't debate with you over webcam? Not because I am scared. It is because you have proven that you are incapable of actually making an argument. You don't debate, you just throw out insults. Why would I waste an hour of my life trying to talk sense into someone who has proven incapable of making a single actual point? That would just be masochistic.

Let me make it clear; I have shown no aversion to debate. In fact, if you can give me a convincing reason why debate in written form is inferior to the verbal debates you are so fond of, I will make time to engage you over webcam. But until you can convince me it would be anything more intellectual than talking to a brick wall (granted, a brick wall capable of saying "lol faggot coward"), I see no point.

So, there it is. You didn't have the guts to face the first challenge. How about this one? Give us a little preview of the argumentative smackdowns you seem to believe you can deliver. Make your case as to why I should debate you verbally. If it's based in logic and reason, I'll take you on. 

But if you respond to this with yet more memes and accusations that I am a "coward" or "keyboard warrior," you will have successfully ruined any credibility you could have possibly had. How the hell do you expect anyone to take your comments about cowardice seriously if you are too scared to debate teenagers on the internet?

• Upvote 3

Look kid:

1) You haven't told us what the fuck you want us to debate

2) Policy debate isn't about screaming at each and roasting each other. None of the people on this website claim to do that - rather we compare and contrast evidence to have discussions that aren't racist, sexist, etc.

3) If you want to advertise or whatever, go to reddit or seomthing, because some people would like to utilize threads on this website in a manner that does not involve debating a debater from "Manhood Academy" (After all the picture that you posted does seem to indicate thats it's not for everyone. Just sayin')

vagesp.jpg

• Upvote 2

Look kid:

1) You haven't told us what the fuck you want us to debate

2) Policy debate isn't about screaming at each and roasting each other. None of the people on this website claim to do that - rather we compare and contrast evidence to have discussions that aren't racist, sexist, etc.

3) If you want to advertise or whatever, go to reddit or seomthing, because some people would like to utilize threads on this website in a manner that does not involve debating a debater from "Manhood Academy" (After all the picture that you posted does seem to indicate thats it's not for everyone. Just sayin')

Response Predictions:

1) THE TRUTH

2) yeah cause you are a bunch of COWARDS LOLOLOL

3) CENSORSHIP!!!! KILL YOURSELF!!!!!

EDIT: And here I thought he was at least capable of line by line analysis

Edited by Nodulux
  • Upvote 2

Well, OK, thanks for playing. I actually kinda wanted to debate with you, which is why I set the threshold so low. Yet, as seems to be your special talent, no matter how low the bar is set for rational argumentation, you still somehow squeezed under it. Congratulations; I have never met anyone so incredibly insecure that they are not even willing to write out their opinion. What's the matter? Are you afraid that you might be subjected to actual argumentation? Is it scary to think that you might have to have a conversation in which you can't just yell over the other person with your big manly voice? Oh wait, I know! You are terrified by the prospect that you might not get to cherry pick your best debates, and censor any ones that you get righteously creamed in.

If you change your mind and decide to show more intellectual capacity than a Chihuahua, my challenge still stands. And it is pretty clear which of us is not "stepping up."

hey cowardly faggot piece of shit, we don't debate keyboard warriors like you wetting your panties. you step up or go back to wetting your panties and sucking on your mommy's nipples

2B8nkY.jpg

aa0.png

you're a scared pathetic faggot sissy bitch keyboard warriors LOLOLOL!

i already challenged you pathetic faggot cowards a long time ago. only one faggot among you accepted and then he (Maury) BACK OUT LOLOLOL! 

STILL WAITING for you pathetic little girl :)

vagesp.jpg

I mean is this even in question anymore? South Eugene is on the coaches poll

south is obviously great and is the best every aspect
but a) they don't even debate in oregon anymore lol plus B) for the purpose of other people getting recognition -> here's a list without them:

Best judge: mark little

Best coach: mark little

Senior you'll miss most: louis

Best squad/school: OES

Best team: OES LR

Best novice team: Marcus' old partner

Best aff team: Lake Oswego AJ

Best neg team: OES LR

Best 1a: Marcus

Best 2a: Soren

Best 1n: Louis 

Best 2n: Marcus when he goes for psycho or Soren when he goes for T

Best kritik debater: what is a k

Best T debater: soren hands down

Best straight-up policy debater: soren

Best negative position: t-whole rez lol

Best aff: obor

Most untopical aff: Marcus' baudrillard stuff

Most persuasive speaker: soren

Most helpful person: louis 

Most hardworking debater: marcus

Fastest debater: i heard the people at lincoln are p speedy

Best debater overall: marcus 

Funniest debater: marcus

Most fun debater to judge/watch: soren

Most improved team: marcus or soren+louis going from no bids -> a bid plus many bid rounds

Next Year's Top Team: soren+partner
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Yeah this is fun, and South gets their kudos, let us have something XD.

Best judge: Mark Little, tho Hunter Boelow is sick w. the bantz
Best coach: Keith Eddins obv, but Tom Lininger and Mark Little also seem dope
Senior you'll miss most: Beau, duh. Also, even tho she doesn't really do policy, Gracia is cool af.
Best squad/school: OES or Lincoln
Best team: OES LR
Best novice team: Oak Hill CH (call me biased but I'd like to see your novices go toe-to-toe...)
Best aff team: Being completely honest Beau and I have like a 90% win rate on aff so I'll say us
Best neg team: OES LR
Best 1a: Louis
Best 2a: Soren
Best 1n: Jay
Best 2n: Marcus 
Best kritik debater: Beau in general, Marcus if it's Psychoanalysis
Best T debater: IDK we haven't been aff against OES LR this year but Ashok did a pretty legendary T 2NC @ RCRR
Best straight-up policy debater: Soren
Best negative position: T-QPQ honestly slays
Best aff: Exports tbqh
Most untopical aff: So far, Lake-O's Baudrillard (though that may change at state ;) )
Most persuasive speaker: Hahahaha Soren
Most helpful person: Honestly Jay and Ashok are really nice and helpful always so they tie for this
Most hardworking debater: Probably Marcus, though Lincoln preps hard and Beau goes on binges
Fastest debater: Marcus or Ashok for now, but our novice girls are catching up o_O
Best debater overall: Soren 
Funniest debater: Beau says the darndest things
Most fun debater to judge/watch: Soren
Most improved team: Probably Clara and Madeline, they went from mid-tier to one of the best teams in the state, also Clara won GDI O_O
Next Year's Top Team: Well IIRC Soren can't compete next year so idek, probably Jay and Ashok
  • Upvote 1