Nodulux

Best Policy Team in Oregon 2015

I wasn't at the round, but from what I've hear, LakeO was winning pretty hard. You can also watch the round for yourself, and I think the decision is pretty clear. 

If this LakeO team won state last year then why wouldn't they win again this year? Did one of them graduate?

• Upvote 1

If this LakeO team won state last year then why wouldn't they win again this year? Did one of them graduate?

Lake O just got lucky, it should have been clackamas and ashland in finals last year 

• Upvote 2

What were the Negs rounds leading up to the finals round like? I would like to hear about these from anyone that knows of the events.

last seed. Beat Ashland and Barlow neg each time

• Downvote 3

last seed. Beat Ashland and Barlow neg each time

What arguments were made in those rounds? How were the judges in those rounds? What were the decisions? It sounds like you really rolled all the teams leading up to the final round.

Edited by daseinkapital

What arguments were made in those rounds? How were the judges in those rounds? What were the decisions? It sounds like you really rolled all the teams leading up to the final round.

same 1 off fem IR judging I'd say from what I remember was shady in the Ashland round but legit in the Barlow round.

• Downvote 2

I'm just thinking the only team this year with a clean win on us is LO. Up with Barlow and Clackamas, that's probably the competition right there coming into nat quals

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I think Allen can elaborate how bullshit state finals judges are.

Apparently falling asleep in round is a totally viable way to judge a round! If you're well slept you can judge the round even better! 

• Upvote 5

Btw DasinKapital is Andrew Samuelson so you should stop getting trolled Tigard.

Yeah I kinda realized that when I figured out his school
  • Downvote 2

Please stop talking. You know that this was just a bunch of underclassmen who are learning to love debate, not talk trash.

And it's nothing personal, but I just generally dislike people being cocky assholes, especially when they're not good.

Like both of you were in the bottom 25-33% of open debaters at Berkeley, with solid 27.9 and 28.1 average after h/l. 

And congrats on NYC, but please stop acting like a flat 28.0 after h/l makes you special. Almost every oregon team has gone at least 3-3 at quarters/octa bids and with much better speaks and without the help of a bye

And let's be honest - congrats on getting to finals last year, but you also got bailed out by judges literally intervening and voting on "when Grady passed his laptop to his partner in the 1AR, it was an link to the fem K because she's a girl and Grady's a guy." A win's a win, and beating Barlow was a good effort, but please just stop. 

And this is how you tell someone to sit down and shut up. 

Also my vote for best team goes to the stalker that researched tigards seeding just to effectively tell them to get out.

• Upvote 2

Every year people think they're hot shit and every year it's a Tigard team in finals. This circuit is such a joke policy debate doesn't even exist in oregon.

Finals round. Oregon City. March 7th. 5:15. 

Let's see if there's any hot to your shit  :wavey:

• Upvote 4

Finals round. Oregon City. March 7th. 5:15. 

Let's see if there's any hot to your shit  :wavey:

Um, yes, may I attend this time and place to have the hotness of my shit evaluated?

• Upvote 2

I would too like to evaluate the temperature of my shit hopefully in a less arrogant way than tigard

Hmm, maybe we could meet in the previously mentioned date, time, and location and compare shit temperatures?

• Upvote 2

I would too like to evaluate the temperature of my shit hopefully in a less arrogant way than tigard

Hmm, maybe we could meet in the previously mentioned date, time, and location and compare shit temperatures?

Using science, math, physics, and fundamental english, we can evaluate the hotness of our shit at the oregon city debate tournament. Resident experts on hot shit will include the venerable Jason Miller, Patty Johnson, Clack Fan #1 Sarah Foster, and many others. 

• Upvote 1

EVERYONE DISCLOSE EITHER BY SETTING UP A WIKI OR POSTING IT ON HERE. IT SUCKS TO BE ONE OF THE ONLY TEAMS THAT DISCLOSES SO EVERYONE ELSE DO IT!!!

All caps is cruise control for cool.

In all seriousness, idk why you put this here but I think disclosure is actually increasing in Oregon (I saw oak hill made a wiki page and I assume they're gonna post stuff on it so props to them) ... so get on the bandwagon and disclose, if you haven't already

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Hey all, this is Thurston here. I was wondering who you think the best debaters have been this year in Oregon policy? I know we haven't been to many tournaments this year. But we're hoping to come more often next year, and it'd be fun to figure out who's been good and who will be good next year.

Best Kritikal Debater:

Best Policy Debater:

Best Overall Debater:

Best Senior:

Best Underclassman:

Fastest Debater:
Most Fun to Watch:

Best Aff:
Most Improved Debater:
Team to watch out for next year:

• Upvote 1

Hey all, this is Thurston here. I was wondering who you think the best debaters have been this year in Oregon policy? I know we haven't been to many tournaments this year. But we're hoping to come more often next year, and it'd be fun to figure out who's been good and who will be good next year.

Best Kritikal Debater: SANDERS LI

Best Policy Debater: SANDERS LI

Best Overall Debater: SANDERS LI

Best Senior: SANDERS LI

Best Underclassman: ALEX LI

Fastest Debater: SHAWN LEE 

Most Fun to Watch: SANDERS LI

Best Aff: SANDERS LI

Most Improved Debater: ALEX LI

Team to watch out for next year: WHOEVER YOU'RE HITTING

• Upvote 2

Best Kritikal Debater: Henry Lininger

Best Policy Debater: Max Groznik/Lukas Schwab 

Best Overall Debater: 

Best Senior: Max Groznik/Lukas Schwab

Best Underclassman: Jonathan Lee/Soren Little/Henry Lininger

Fastest Debater: Jonathan Lee

Most Fun to Watch: idk about you but I have more fun debating than watching

Best Aff: Chronopolitics duh

Most Improved Debater: Leo Saenger

Team to watch out for next year: Oak Hill ES/Clack L*/OES

• Upvote 2