Nodulux

Best Policy Team in Oregon 2015

What do y'all think? My vote is probably Lincoln-SS; those two are awesome debaters. But I mostly go to lay tournaments; I might not know some better teams.

• Upvote 1

Lake O, Lincoln, South, OES, and Clackamas have wikis, which should get us some points I think at least, and Lake O and OES are real good as well. Lake O has a pretty good policy Aff as well that I think is at least one of the top in Oregon.

Edited by justamundaneusername
  • Upvote 2

Lake O Avery/Li is without question the epitome of talent, intelligence, and debate skill. They will win state hands down.  

• Upvote 2

Whatchya'll talking about? We're 3-1 against Lincoln this year (all lays) lol

Really? I'm impressed, they wiped the floor with Laurel and I at U of O.

I've never ran into Lake Oswego so I can't accurately rank them but anyways, from what I've seen...

1. Lincoln/Clackamas/South ( I could easily see any of these three winning state)

2. Sam Barlow

3. OES

4. Westview

5. Oak Hill SE 

6. Ashland

7. Thurston

• Upvote 3

OK I think y'all are overlooking the fact that the best debater in Oregon doesn't even do policy.

Hint: He has a bid to the TOC

That's right, Colin Gesik.

• Upvote 3

OK I think y'all are overlooking the fact that the best debater in Oregon doesn't even do policy.

Sure, but we're looking for the best policy team.

Sure, but we're looking for the best policy team.

Colin Gesik is so good at debate that he supercedes the notion of a partnership.

Also from what I can remember we're supposed to be having a discussion about the topic, not a topical discussion, amirite?11/?

• Upvote 2

If y'all are talking shit about him or trying to be funny and ironic I'm really not liking it. 

Colin is actually a talented debater and good friend of mine. 

• Upvote 1

If y'all are talking shit about him or trying to be funny and ironic I'm really not liking it. 

Colin is actually a talented debater and good friend of mine. 

Nah it's cool, Colin and I are so close that the distance between us is literally equivalent to a planck length. Plus he actually does have a bid lol.

• Upvote 3

Colin Gesik is so good at debate that he supercedes the notion of a partnership.

Also from what I can remember we're supposed to be having a discussion about the topic, not a topical discussion, amirite?11/?

lol you remember correctly

And I think Brian is just joking he has a bid as well ...  no irony here.

• Upvote 1

Ya first i think brian yang might very well be the best debater in oregon which was also the opinion of lukas and miles and also he has a bid from whitman. Moreover, clackamas A shit on us twice now. In souths defense, the first time was like our 2nd policy tourney ever and they ran their archetypes aff, and the second we ran a really shitty kritikal aff that was awful. But i really wanna debate clackamas A now that we kinda know what we are doing haha. As for lincoln, i personally believe that they are better than us but at least just as good. I was actually really happy to debate them and they are both super nice. We have only actually debated once and we only won on a 2-1 decision so it was close. And also, if you all think we just run our aff for the ballot, we actually really fucking love dolphins so dont pull that haha. Finally, you should give lake oswego way more credit. While their wiki isnt actually disclosure, they are still super good. And also for Oak Hill, can you please stop making threads about our damn aff haha. There are like four of them. You have 2-3 years of experience on us! Prep us out!

• Upvote 1

Ya first i think brian yang might very well be the best debater in oregon which was also the opinion of lukas and miles and also he has a bid from whitman. Moreover, clackamas A shit on us twice now. In souths defense, the first time was like our 2nd policy tourney ever and they ran their archetypes aff, and the second we ran a really shitty kritikal aff that was awful. But i really wanna debate clackamas A now that we kinda know what we are doing haha. As for lincoln, i personally believe that they are better than us but at least just as good. I was actually really happy to debate them and they are both super nice. We have only actually debated once and we only won on a 2-1 decision so it was close. And also, if you all think we just run our aff for the ballot, we actually really fucking love dolphins so dont pull that haha. Finally, you should give lake oswego way more credit. While their wiki isnt actually disclosure, they are still super good. And also for Oak Hill, can you please stop making threads about our damn aff haha. There are like four of them. You have 2-3 years of experience on us! Prep us out!

d21.jpg

Edited by RainSilves
  • Upvote 4

And also for Oak Hill, can you please stop making threads about our damn aff haha. There are like four of them. You have 2-3 years of experience on us! Prep us out!

Idk if this is completely fair. I mean, last year our varsity kids were never really taught how to run ks let alone how to handle a Deleuze and Guattari aff. I mean, I'm not at all against you and Leo running it. It's not like y'all are just two novices running a k aff with no idea of its meaning (thanks for not taking this into novice btw.) But anyway, we have a short period of time to figure DnG out. And after spending the whole year hanging out in novice Beau and I  need all the help we can get. 

And also for Oak Hill, can you please stop making threads about our damn aff haha. There are like four of them. You have 2-3 years of experience on us! Prep us out!

Hey, we're just using the resources available to us. Not to mention, you technically have 2 years of experience on us, if you count middle school. You have been to a prestigious camp. If you want to use the forums to prep out our aff, go ahead.

Hey, I like dolphins, deleuze, and winning. It's a win-win.

How can you "like" dolphins? Doesn't that imply a molar boundary between where you end and the dolphins begin (just messing around)?

Lol as for the middle school debate it is worse than novice pofo. One might have learned more from a speech class at their school. Also MNDI was hardly a prestigious camp. Most of the kids didnt fill up even half of their speech time and we cut a methane hydrates aff

Hey, we're just using the resources available to us. Not to mention, you technically have 2 years of experience on us, if you count middle school. You have been to a prestigious camp. If you want to use the forums to prep out our aff, go ahead.

How can you "like" dolphins? Doesn't that imply a molar boundary between where you end and the dolphins begin (just messing around)?

We can like dolphins and not impose a molar identity on them because we envision a dolphin as a subject defined by its mileu not defined by societal opinions.

Watch out for Sprague RG next year just for the keks

I've already bet 100$ with Alex that you will win state next year #fuckgraduation. 

• Upvote 3

I've already bet 100$ with Alex that you will win state next year #fuckgraduation. 

Yeah we're not sure yet, but I think it'd be best for us to do policy at locals and stuff but still do circuit LD since that's what we're both most comfortable with. At least this way we won't waste time with traditional casing/working on *sounding pretty* and it'll still always be pertinent  to do speed drills/keep our K files nice.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Lol as for the middle school debate it is worse than novice pofo. One might have learned more from a speech class at their school. Also MNDI was hardly a prestigious camp. Most of the kids didnt fill up even half of their speech time and we cut a methane hydrates aff

Hey MNDI was a decent camp undeniably the best place to start, at least for us. Can't deny it wasn't valuable to start the season at at least a JV level. You gotta start somewhere... and middle school debate was pretty much exactly pofo, but weird and with heckling.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2