Nodulux

Topicality-Framework

Hey, so I'm currently working on a file to answer K affs, a Topicality-Framework argument. My question is, what are your favorite impacts to this kind of argument? What are some things to know before I run it? How can I make the argument that Topicality should come before even "priori" questions of mindset? Any help is appreciated.

There are some pretty good card from the Rostrum about how K-affs/debates that talk about personal beliefs will lead to the destruction of debate because it will make it hard to justify going to debate (to schoolboards, teachers, parents, etc.) as it could be seen as harmful (voting against identity and the such.) They work extra well if the aff claims to solve for racism/sexism. 

• Upvote 2

There are some pretty good card from the Rostrum about how K-affs/debates that talk about personal beliefs will lead to the destruction of debate because it will make it hard to justify going to debate (to schoolboards, teachers, parents, etc.) as it could be seen as harmful (voting against identity and the such.) They work extra well if the aff claims to solve for racism/sexism. 

I like that argument, but many K-affs argue that their beliefs are priori/outweigh the destruction of debate. Is there good arguments as to why destruction of debate space outweighs all other impacts?

I like that argument, but many K-affs argue that their beliefs are priori/outweigh the destruction of debate. Is there good arguments as to why destruction of debate space outweighs all other impacts?

I have some debate first files I can send you, mostly the argument is magnitude.

We can either have this one debate (which in reality isn't going to change anyone's beliefs in round and only effects everything under the meta-debate) or the judge can vote Neg and make stance that insures debate's survival for the greater good which is better future politics yadda yadda yadda.

• Upvote 1

I have some debate first files I can send you, mostly the argument is magnitude.

We can either have this one debate (which in reality isn't going to change anyone's beliefs in round and only effects everything under the meta-debate) or the judge can vote Neg and make stance that insures debate's survival for the greater good which is better future politics yadda yadda yadda.

That's pretty sweet. Could you send me that? I'd be much obliged! If you want anything in return, I might be able to help you.

I think the arg can also be contextualized as "Debate is not a radical forum". I'd like to see if cards exist that bring into question the idea of K aff's having any revolutionary potential. How is your time here in the tip-top of the ivory tower actually useful to the proletariat and subaltern people of society? I think you can turn this into a larger K of the Ivory tower and that can answer almost every K aff in a way that doesn't get you attacked for being racist/sexist/*insert identity politics* here for reading framework.