If I ever have to sit through a round and judge this argument, I'm going to come back to this thread and ban you. 

I honestly don't understand what's up with novices wanting to run troll arguments. 

• Upvote 2

I honestly don't understand what's up with novices wanting to run troll arguments. 

Not a novice either. I write some fun cases for drills and such. LD has seen much worse than this anyways (aka friv meta theory). Probably will never see a round but its fun to do

Not a novice either. I write some fun cases for drills and such. LD has seen much worse than this anyways (aka friv meta theory). Probably will never see a round but its fun to do

all I heard is "time I spent instead of cutting cards"

• Upvote 5

I'd rather judge a petty theory round than a troll round. Just saying. That time you spent cutting troll args could have been spent cutting a new K or DA or CP that would have been killer in an out-round at a big tournament. If you spend your intellectual energy by researching smart arguments then you will grow much more as a debater. Thats just me :)

Edited by philiburgers

I can vouch that this is common in LD. There is fucking font size theory - that all text must be Times 12. There's also theory on theory discussing the theoretical legitimacy of pre-empting theory (Meta af).

• Upvote 2

I can vouch that this is common in LD. There is fucking font size theory - that all text must be Times 12. There's also theory on theory discussing the theoretical legitimacy of pre-empting theory (Meta af).

this is why I give significantly worse speaker points in LD than in CX (I average a 28.7 in CX and a 26.8 in LD, although the latter number is artificially low because I've had to give some loss-zeros to racist fuckknob debaters). 

this is why I give significantly worse speaker points in LD than in CX (I average a 28.7 in CX and a 26.8 in LD, although the latter number is artificially low because I've had to give some loss-zeros to racist fuckknob debaters). 

You should definitely not judge pf on this months topic. I heard tournaments are offering complimentary advil at the ballot table for the migraines you'll inevitably subsume. /s

• Upvote 5

I'll write a 10 page file on why Calibri is the master tier font and why anyone who disagrees is a plebian no questions asked. 

• Upvote 5

I made a bunch of cases like that a while back, but you'd have to look through reddit.com/r/lincolndouglas to try to find them, since I have since deleted them.

My favorite was pokemon, though

• Downvote 1