deb8lover

Racism Good K

This persons been here for a while, so maybe they meant to say "Racism, good K"? As in a good race file? Nah, probably not.   :S:  :ray:  

It doesn't look like they troll too much, so someone probably left their computer open in the wrong place. 

Hopefully.

I was being trolled :/

someone was like "have u heard of the racism good k, it's a ton of cards that say racism is justified" and they told me to look on here

sorry yall

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

someone was like "have u heard of the racism good k, it's a ton of cards that say racism is justified" and they told me to look on here

sorry yall

uhuh

• Upvote 1

sorry yall

Right, and naturally your first response was to search for these ever elusive but definitely real justifications for treated another human being like they're an animal. Makes sense to me.
  • Upvote 2

there's more than enough lit out there to write one yourself! check your local Homeowners Association, Police Department, Loan Officers, Country Clubs, Legislature, Prisons, Community Organizations, etc for some popular arguments 

Sincere question, is there a significant number of community organizations such that this is warranted? I mean, I suppose my question is what counts as a community organization. Like, if you count the KKK as one, then yeah, I suppose that would fit the description, but I don't think Habitats for Humanity would. I feel like this one comes out of nowhere.

Right, and naturally your first response was to search for these ever elusive but definitely real justifications for treated another human being like they're an animal. Makes sense to me.

That begs the question of what it means to treat a human being like they're an animal. I'm not going to dive into the whole speciesism versus racism debate. They're both important issues that should be discussed (and yes, that still allows for, say, discussions of racism to take precedence over and above discussions of speciesism). However, it's kind of weird that you would just toss that in there. Imagine being at a women's rights lecture, and someone shouts that women shouldn't be treated like [insert any number of races]. I mean, I guess you could make the case for one form of suffering being more important than another (I'm not doing that here), but it's kind of like burning bridges when you don't need to be.

My point here is that you could easily have used any number of other terms, but you chose that one. You could've easily said something like "treated another human being like they're the worst thing in the world/garbage/etc." Those terms may still have baggage associated with them, but not to the degree that your term does.

Edited by Phantom707
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

nvm sorry

You could've at least given more than two words in your justification for looking for such a terrible argument.

• Upvote 2

My point here is that you could easily have used any number of other terms, but you chose that one. You could've easily said something like "treated another human being like they're the worst thing in the world/garbage/etc." Those terms may still have baggage associated with them, but not to the degree that your term does.

vivocentrism?

But actually your post is very valid, and I thought the same thing

Sincere question, is there a significant number of community organizations such that this is warranted? I mean, I suppose my question is what counts as a community organization. Like, if you count the KKK as one, then yeah, I suppose that would fit the description, but I don't think Habitats for Humanity would. I feel like this one comes out of nowhere.

I'm far from an expert on the issue, but i feel like there's a case to be made that affluent organizations maintain a class and race apartheid that probably excludes PoC.  Think of your stereotypical country club (which, given that it's a stereotype, may not be accurate).

I guess what he was looking for was crazy Racism impact turns.

Racism is obviously terrible but for the sake of debate could there possibly any random impact turn to this?

Never meant to offend anyone or downplay the problem of racism (or troll). Now I'm in the red :( time to go help some people out and get them pos reps

• Upvote 6

Sincere question, is there a significant number of community organizations such that this is warranted? I mean, I suppose my question is what counts as a community organization. Like, if you count the KKK as one, then yeah, I suppose that would fit the description, but I don't think Habitats for Humanity would. I feel like this one comes out of nowhere

. Oh I was just thinking along the lines of neighborhood watch type things, not H4H type stuff

I guess what he was looking for was crazy Racism impact turns.

Racism is obviously terrible but for the sake of debate could there possibly any random impact turn to this?

Never meant to offend anyone or downplay the problem of racism (or troll). Now I'm in the red :( time to go help some people out and get them pos reps

Racism causes genocide causes death and death is good (wipeout). Not a good argument but it exists.

actually there are racism good k's.. but they are a2 affropessimism affs; and saying racism good is not the proper term for the k although I have heard it before, basically the only way for the black community to escape their subjogation was through intense racism, because it gave them a reason to fight against this horrendous epistemology, and without racism they would still be considered "inferiors" so racism is/was good because it lead to equality.. 

Not my arg I have just heard it before. 

actually there are racism good k's.. but they are a2 affropessimism affs; and saying racism good is not the proper term for the k although I have heard it before, basically the only way for the black community to escape their subjogation was through intense racism, because it gave them a reason to fight against this horrendous epistemology, and without racism they would still be considered "inferiors" so racism is/was good because it lead to equality.. 

Not my arg I have just heard it before. 

Yeah, I'm personally a fan of the masochism K