BootsandSuits

2015 UIL State Qualifiers

I would bet on you 

Well you shouldn't!! Its a UIL tournament, so they wont be to run their fancy kritiks about death and gender language!! They better be ready for THE SUPER SPENDING DA, along side THE POWERFUL PRIVATE CP!!!  We will have a generic link for the DA and generic solvency for whatever aff you have!! You'll be so confused that we'd do something so bad that you'll forget to perm he cp and double turn yourselves into your demise!!

-Ok so all of that was a joke, we don't know we most likely won't have the honor of debating the lindale teams. My friend is poking fun, and trying to smack talk one of the best teams there. Honestly, both of our teams hope to debate them for a chance at a great round!! Good luck to both teams at state! Hopefully we do get the chance to debate each other!

Edited by FlashJ596
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Well you shouldn't!! Its a UIL tournament, so they wont be to run their fancy kritiks about death and gender language!! They better be ready for THE SUPER SPENDING DA, along side THE POWERFUL PRIVATE CP!!!  We will have a generic link for the DA and generic solvency for whatever aff you have!! You'll be so confused that we'd do something so bad that you'll forget to perm he cp and double turn yourselves into your demise!!

-Ok so all of that was a joke, we don't know we most likely won't have the honor of debating the lindale teams. My friend is poking fun, and trying to smack talk one of the best teams there. Honestly, both of our teams hope to debate them for a chance at a great round!! Good luck to both teams at state! Hopefully we do get the chance to debate each other!

Nah, it's all good fun. UIL is very unpredictable with the judge pool. I also wouldn't say debating one of our teams is an "honor", considering none of us have any sort of recognition outside of local circuits. Ultimately, I'm hoping it'll be a good tournament and that the outcome will surpass last year's results. GL;HF to all competitors.

I would bet on you

Thanks, Mickey (-':
  • Upvote 1

5A- LASA- I'm really not sure how everyone forgets they have been in the state finals for the past 2 years straight and multiple times before that. If not them then Lindale.

6A- SFA EE (2nd at Harvard and St. Marks) or Katy Taylor AL (1st at Berkeley)

5A- LASA- I'm really not sure how everyone forgets they have been in the state finals for the past 2 years straight and multiple times before that. If not them then Lindale.

Jonas and I were just talking about how surprised we were that no one had said LASA. However, only one of the debaters from LASA CY is going, so it's only half of their A team (I doubt that will matter, tbh).

*kayne voice*

look I love Lindale and all and I'm going to let you finish but Yao Yao run's his squad like a regime and this will be there year to win state (5A)

also in 6A - Katy Taylor AL will make a killing. They we're very close to winning last year, although I will admit that Austin SFA has a way better chance due to their better ability to adapt. 

Edited by thatladlogan
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Jonas and I were just talking about how surprised we were that no one had said LASA. However, only one of the debaters from LASA CY is going, so it's only half of their A team (I doubt that will matter, tbh).

Can someone clear up: Y'all are talking about LASA, but I don't see them going on any of the UIL pages. Are they in?

Can someone clear up: Y'all are talking about LASA, but I don't see them going on any of the UIL pages. Are they in?

for UIL they will be called like Austin LBJ i think

Nah, it's all good fun. UIL is very unpredictable with the judge pool. I also wouldn't say debating one of our teams is an "honor", considering none of us have any sort of recognition outside of local circuits. Ultimately, I'm hoping it'll be a good tournament and that the outcome will surpass last year's results. GL;HF to all competitors.

You kidding me? My main excuse for not breaking to finals was that I lost to the state champions when people on my team ask how I did. Needless to say, you guys bulldozed us lol.

Was Austin SFA even there this year?

• Downvote 1

Ok but can we talk about how Whitesboro's team that took state championship last year, is competing again this year? Or maybe, what's more interesting, is that they got 2nd in their district to Callisburg? (District 3A)

Who is Princeton BH and does anyone know what they are running? I'm in 4A and I thought our only competition was Athens and North Lamar

Princeton is known for going heavy on policy. They won't have a solid response to most Ks or K affs.

Ok but can we talk about how Whitesboro's team that took state championship last year, is competing again this year? Or maybe, what's more interesting, is that they got 2nd in their district to Callisburg? (District 3A)

Their semis round v Chapel Hill HL was one of the best rounds I've seen from small school debate ever. 

Edited by Debater89012347089
  • Upvote 1