BootsandSuits

2015 UIL State Qualifiers

District tournaments are almost rounded out, so does anyone have a list of all the qualifiers for UIL State? Also, anyone have any predictions for how state is going to pan out? 

1A- Lometa PW

2A- Abernathy BK

3A- fingers crossed (would love to hear what everyone else thought though)

4A- Princeton BH probably, but I could see an upset in that division easier than the others

5A- Lindale...Yeah

6A- I lean more Midway BC than Austin SFA EE

• Upvote 1

I literally have not been keeping up with teams enough to see who even qualified to state this year so I will make some generic predictions. In 1A-3A  I predict stock issues with the combination of the politics DA is the final round winner. In 5A-6A I predict someone who deserves to win state will get beat in the early rounds for something stupid like "under covering case" even though the only case arguments on the flow will be defensive or for "not adapting well enough".

And who even is in the new 4A conference?

TLDR; a bunch of jumping and I hate the new conferencing I wish I was back in 3A.

Edited by thatladlogan
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Even 6A? What makes you say that?

Well maybe not 6A, although Midway is almost unbeatable I believe.

3A is more where I think there might be some interesting outcomes though, nobody is really talking about it.

Well maybe not 6A, although Midway is almost unbeatable I believe.

3A is more where I think there might be some interesting outcomes though, nobody is really talking about it.

Don't get me wrong, I love Jacob and Bruce and they're a great team, but I would not say that they are guaranteed state champions. Sure, they are almost guaranteed anywhere from 1-5, however, have you ever heard of Austin SFA? They're one of the top 25 teams in the nation, and they're 6A competitors. I wouldn't sleep on them, when they're probably the best team in Texas or close to it.

• Upvote 1

Don't get me wrong, I love Jacob and Bruce and they're a great team, but I would not say that they are guaranteed state champions. Sure, they are almost guaranteed anywhere from 1-5, however, have you ever heard of Austin SFA? They're one of the top 25 teams in the nation, and they're 6A competitors. I wouldn't sleep on them, when they're probably the best team in Texas or close to it.

I've only seen them debate once, and I'm not dissing them in the least. Do they usually lean more policy or kritikal though?

I've only seen them debate once, and I'm not dissing them in the least. Do they usually lean more policy or kritikal though?

Both. They're all around amazing debaters. I watched them debate last week at Harvard against Westminster FG, who some believe to be the #1 team in the nation, and win on a 2-1.

• Upvote 2

Both. They're all around amazing debaters. I watched them debate last week at Harvard against Westminster FG, who some believe to be the #1 team in the nation, and win on a 2-1.

Debated them twice , A+ Debaters. Joseph is just so ethos in 2ars.

Edit: I think Jbell is 1-0 against Joseph this year because he beat him at camp. ( i don't think they've debated during the year)

Edited by MrEragonSaph

1A- Lometa PW

2A- Abernathy BK

3A- fingers crossed (would love to hear what everyone else thought though)

4A- Princeton BH probably, but I could see an upset in that division easier than the others

5A- Lindale...Yeah

6A- I lean more Midway BC than Austin SFA EE

Is there even any competition in 3A?

Also has anyone actually seen the Princeton team this year?

They aren't..like..amazing or anything. 

• Upvote 1

Is there even any competition in 3A?

Also has anyone actually seen the Princeton team this year?

They aren't..like..amazing or anything.

I think 3A has a ton of parity in it, and at UIL State you just never know what'll happen with seeding/prelims

And I just remember Benevides being a pretty lights-out debater. But honestly, I'm a bit behind on 4A this year

1A- Lometa PW[/size]2A- Abernathy BK[/size]3A- no comment[/size]4A- Princeton BH[/size]5A- Barbers Hill[/size]6A- Austin SFA EE/Midway BC [/size]

Ruthless.

I wish I was good enough to bet on myself...

Edit: I have no idea wtf happened to the formatting

Edited by aram

Ruthless.

I wish I was good enough to bet on myself...

Edit: I have no idea wtf happened to the formatting

I would bet on you 

• Upvote 1