cantrell4

Crazy K?

Sadism K. Ran it, and won.  It's fucking crazy and awesome. 

Ocular vision K or something like that...craziest K I've ever heard. I have a cut copy...have never ran it, don't plan on ever running it in HS, as the 1AC will leave everyone utterly speechless..I'll leave it at that. 

ableism

I saw the title of this thread and I was just like, "...oh no"

Edit: but in that kind of happy way, where you know someone's gonna get rekt and you get to sit back and experience it from the sidelines

Edited by Hannahkiin
  • Upvote 6

the capitalism kritik.

me and my partner like things on the wild side

Edited by Zuul
  • Upvote 6

Gnostic Mysticism K 

Shoggothic Materialism K 

Ungrounding K

Doubling K (Just the 1NC Shell tbh) 

Let's be honest, to 99.999999% of judges (aka everyone except you, me, Dancon, and Harvard BS) there's literally no difference between those two.

• Upvote 2

Gnostic Mysticism K 

Shoggothic Materialism K 

Ungrounding K

I don't think you've ever explained when you'd read any of these Ks in rounds. Like, when are they most strategic or responsive to an aff? Ungrounding is from the () hole complex stuff in Cyclonopedia mainly, right? And I imagine the Shoggothic Materialism one is like a Negarestani-styled Accelerationism K? I've no clue what Gnostic Mysticism would be. And I could be way off on the other two. But I'd be really interested in seeing them.

I don't think you've ever explained when you'd read any of these Ks in rounds. Like, when are they most strategic or responsive to an aff? Ungrounding is from the () hole complex stuff in Cyclonopedia mainly, right? And I imagine the Shoggothic Materialism one is like a Negarestani-styled Accelerationism K? I've no clue what Gnostic Mysticism would be. And I could be way off on the other two. But I'd be really interested in seeing them.

Mysticism is Bataille.

Ungrounding would be the holey complex, yes.

I'm guessing Materialism would be a reading of the aff through the Cross of Ahkt qua the 'history' of demons.

• Upvote 1

Mysticism is Bataille.

Ungrounding would be the holey complex, yes.

I'm guessing Materialism would be a reading of the aff through the Cross of Ahkt qua the 'history' of demons.

What's "Gnostic," and in what sense, about Bataille? This question isn't necessarily for you btw, I'm just curious.

I need to get my copy of Cyclonopedia back, I didn't retain what was going on with the () holey stuff.

Yeah, that's a fair assessment for Materialism. I had in mind this old Hyperstition article when I was thinking of Accelerationist shenanigans. 

Edited by dancon25

Gnostic Mysticism is probably my favorite; it's actually an Aff that I'll be breaking soon, but the K works best against Heidegger affs (a team in our league runs one, not much of a challenge though - my evidence is super specific to Heidegger and his theories) - It's centered on Bataille and his eroticism (which is gnostic mysticism) - There's some REALLY good articles on how Gnosticism can be found in Batailles Mysticism, the internal link is inner experience via eroticism 

Shoggothic Materialism K - Snark strikes again! It's essentially what he said, the demons part is my favorite ;)

Ungrounding K - yep, you got it right, although most of the evidence is from Ben Woodards book On An Ungrounded Earth: Towards a New Geophilosophy 

In terms of "when can you deploy it" - Mostly against transgressive K Affs, hardcore Anti-Cap Aff's (don't necessarily have to be hardcore, it just helps with the link story) like a Bifo-centered aff, for instance. Ungrounding works best against any post-modernist/post-structuralist/existentialist K Aff's 

Edited by Theparanoiacmachine
  • Upvote 1

What's "Gnostic," and in what sense, about Bataille? This question isn't necessarily for you btw, I'm just curious.

I need to get my copy of Cyclonopedia back, I didn't retain what was going on with the () holey stuff.

Yeah, that's a fair assessment for Materialism. I had in mind this old Hyperstition article when I was thinking of Accelerationist shenanigans:

If you need a copy, shoot me a PM, I can send you my pdf copy (although some of my notes are out of date, as I failed to take into account the true depth of Islam's influence on his theories, and recent readings have also suggested it may also have ties to the monstrous historical/Materialism from Hardt and Negri.)

Edit: for those asking, my notes are both incomplete (only the first 70-80 pages) and, as mentioned, don't reflect the properly/completely the work (in my opinion, they're from my first reading). I do have plans to update things eventually, so I would recommend holding off.

Edited by SnarkosaurusRex
  • Upvote 1

If you need a copy, shoot me a PM, I can send you my pdf copy (although some of my notes are out of date, as I failed to take into account the true depth of Islam's influence on his theories, and recent readings have also suggested it may also have ties to the monstrous historical/Materialism from Hardt and Negri.)

Edit: for those asking, my notes are both incomplete (only the first 70-80 pages) and, as mentioned, don't reflect the properly/completely the work (in my opinion, they're from my first reading). I do have plans to update things eventually, so I would recommend holding off.

I have a print copy on hand, it's just that someone on the squad is reading it right now. But thank you much for the offer!

What's the craziest, insane, and stupid K's you've ever heard of, or seen run?

The K I'm about to run against you for using disclusive language against the mentally ill. :P

• Upvote 2