So Loyola has this interestingly weird affirmative (I've never hit it) the "Quantum mechanics Aff"

They have it publicly listed and attached on the wiki, so I'm attaching it here.

How would you go about responding to this aff. Teams that I know have competed against this aff have gone with the boring Cap + Framework strategy but not too thrilled about that.... 

Loyola-Gray-Nelson-Aff-Fullerton-Octas.docx

• Upvote 1

There is this article here if you could somehow get a hold of it https://www.academia.edu/8656016/Quantum_Blackanics_I_Untimely_Black_Time

It might garner good links to run Afropessimism. It talks about a racialized view of physics to better understand the black position. I'm not sure if it would be a competitive advocacy, though.

I've debated this aff twice, and beaten Loyola AC twice on framework. Seriously, its not worth researching, as you wont understand it, and they'll no link out of everything. 

• Upvote 2

CX Qs:

1. Can you tell me what a Fourier transform is?

2. Can you tell me what Planck's constant is?

3. Can you tell me what a complex wave function is?

1NC: 6 minutes of solvency/case turns from "Fashionable Nonsense," a booby trap case turn based on Sokal's hoax, and a minute of analyticals that they have no clue what quantum mechanics is and no clue what they're talking about, and that their A-Life advantage has no relation to the plan or the rest of the 1AC.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

CX Qs:

1. Can you tell me what a Fourier transform is?

2. Can you tell me what Planck's constant is?

3. Can you tell me what a complex wave function is?

1NC: 6 minutes of solvency/case turns from "Fashionable Nonsense," a booby trap case turn based on Sokal's hoax, and a minute of analyticals that they have no clue what quantum mechanics is and no clue what they're talking about, and that their A-Life advantage has no relation to the plan or the rest of the 1AC.

^^^^^^

in addition to this read whatever framework shell you read+a science literacy standard, and use that to turn their education args

cite if ppl need it

Steel et al. 5 (Brent S. Steel prof of Political Science, Oregon State University, Court Smith prof of Anthropology, Oregon State

University, Laura Opsommer Master of Public Policy Program, Oregon State University, Sara Curiel prof of Political Science, Oregon State

University, Ryan Warner-Steel prof of Biology, University of Oregon, “Public ocean literacy in the United States,” Ocean & Coastal Management

48 (2005) 97–114, http://oregonstate.edu/instruct/anth/smith/OcPolSurArticle.pdf)//BB

Edited by Zuul
  • Upvote 1

Unless I'm wrong, i do believe half the authors in that 1AC believe science is the best thing ever and the other half think its awful

also why the hell are they reading Rorty and Chandler in their 2AC.  Those authors would be incredibly critical of this aff

• Upvote 2

Bataille (Not the generic bs though; you need the hardcore Bataille stuff) 

Yeah, I mean if you're not talking about the Mother of Abominations then you just don't know debate