Jean Baudrillard the Baddest   

44 members have voted

1. 1. How many judges have actually voted for a Baudrillard K in the rounds you've been in?

• >5
  2. 2. Do judges tend to like the kritik of fiat?

• Yes
    • No

So I was wondering if anyone has like a great alternative for a Baudrillard kritik of simulation (fiat) or what is the best alt to run with Baudrillard on the oceans topic this year. Also can I get some ideas for impacts because I have only 1 root cause arg in my file and need more. :) thanks 

Baudrillard's simulation is more of a disad to Fiat - also if you're gonna K simulations, do it more on their impacts and normativity as such, not fiat 

For instance, you can frame it as a K the idea of them trying to create this magical world free of their harms.

• Upvote 1

#1 There's that Scribd File that everyone uses that's got like 20 different baudrillard shells. You should look through there if you want to be a sick ass baudrillard db8er. 

#2 Here's some stuff to kill Baudrillard teams (because I love B-man but hate most teams who read him) 

Baudrillard Negative Edited.docx

Edited by RainSilves
  • Upvote 5

#1 There's that Scribd File that everyone uses that's got like 20 different baudrillard shells. You should look through there if you want to be a sick ass baudrillard db8er. 

#2 Here's some stuff to kill Baudrillard teams (because I love B-man but hate most teams who read him) 

as much as I love jcook's files, I don't think the dancing in the corpse of language shell links to all baudrillard shells

Bifo in '11

Edit: Baudrillard has been boring me lately, I've been returning to Bataille (sacrificial expenditure 5ever) and his Gnosticism

Edit 2: The great thing about that file is that it requires extensive knowledge on Baudrillard and Deleuze and Guattari meaning that only a few will be able to understand

I'd stick to framework to answer a Baudrillard Aff (i.e. Debate is a fatal strategy/Symbolic Exchange/Model of Reversibility)

Edit 3: Definetly doesn't link to my Aff

Edited by Theparanoiacmachine

as much as I love jcook's files, I don't think the dancing in the corpse of language shell links to all baudrillard shells

I'm not even a fan of dancing in the corpse of language. I prefer the idea of stealing the ballot and destroying the system from the persepctive of a "terrorist". My god that is like my favorite answer to all of these "You use the state so you link and you should lose xD we're so original!!!!!!!11111one" kritiks. 

I'm not even a fan of dancing in the corpse of language. I prefer the idea of stealing the ballot and destroying the system from the persepctive of a "terrorist". My god that is like my favorite answer to all of these "You use the state so you link and you should lose xD we're so original!!!!!!!11111one" kritiks. 

yeah, shout out to Jon for posting that b/c we've won multiple rounds on the terrorist performance

you know what to run against baulldriard affs- zizek cuz zizek hates everything and everyone, including himself