goodatthis

Paperless Debate for iPad?

I'm a novice LDer (not that it matters that much for this question) and for the current topic (living wage) I realized the importance of blocks- lots of them. I have AT files for pretty much every stock issue novices run (luckily for me, not a whole lot), so about 10 files each for aff and neg, plus about 5 framework answers files. Normally, I'll just print them out, but as I've been growing the amount of files I have and as I'm constantly changing my prep, cases, blocks, etc, it takes too long to print out and I find myself printing stuff out constantly. And even when I use an expando, I find it hard to keep organized inround. I'd rather use my prep writing answers than sorting through papers.

So what I'm trying to ask is has anyone tried doing paperless debate with an iPad? I have an iPad 2 with a keyboard case, so it feels a little like a computer. What I really need is an app that can allow me to easily transition from file to file, without having to sort through folders or have wait times in between each transition. Or an app that allows me to view multiple docs at once. Dropbox is actually pretty good, like it has a sidebar for the documents, and you can quickly switch between them, but I was wondering if there is something better out there. I've been using Word to edit my stuff, btw.

Edit: does anyone know of any other programs besides verbatim for computers that will count the number of words in cards?

Edited by goodatthis
  • Upvote 2

Can't you just use a laptop?

Money. Gotta work with what I've got. I've thought about getting a really cheapo laptop, but I realized it's probably more worth it to get a laptop that will suit my needs overall much better, in which I'm not just using it as a debate platform. Plus I like Macs.

you could try out debate docs; I havent really used it yet so idunno how reliable it is though.

Looked for it on the App Store, I couldn't find it. Is there another name for it? Edited by goodatthis
  • Upvote 1

Money. Gotta work with what I've got. I've thought about getting a really cheapo laptop, but I realized it's probably more worth it to get a laptop that will suit my needs overall much better, in which I'm not just using it as a debate platform. Plus I like Macs.

Looked for it on the App Store, I couldn't find it. Is there another name for it?

http://debatestrat.com/ <= this is the company or whatever who is suppose to be releasing it

Long time no see! I remember when you debated my I used a laptop, but back in my OG local tournament days I rocked the iPad. It was good for pulling up files... but never flow on it! I am still working out the kinks of laptop flowing. On the iPad I downloaded all of my speeches/blocks onto google drive offline (other apps available) and open them when needed. However there aren't any apps to pull up more than one file at a time. Also, ALWAYS have paper copies... you never know when a corrupt file or a dead battery may occur.

• Upvote 2

http://debatesynergy.com/ works on mobile and web to store and format your files like Google Docs, as well as live stream your speech as you scroll.

Does this do anything different than Verbatim? I use verbatim on my laptop. What do you mean livestream, like record?