BernieSanders

Whelp I finally got recorded at a debate tournament.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWa47ig_n1A&feature=youtu.be

I'm the 2NC, guy in the grey hoodie farthest to the left. 

This is NPDA Parli

1-0 for the negative from Oregon. 

What do y'all think? The judge was fairly lay so no one was going as fast as they could have and it's just a pretty legit states + federalism vs plan debate. 

• Upvote 4

"Wow that person is a real let down I always thought they were better at debate from their shit tons of posts but they're just really bad holy crap wow"

I warned everyone... 

• Upvote 1

Terrible round.

Your DAs were awful. Ukraine modeling scenario, imaginary free trade agreement, both so stupid. Affirmative failed to point out the stupidity of the Ukraine scenario - lucky for you.

Your partner went pretty fast, if that's a lay judge. Also, swearing was unnecessary. You did it too, later on. Accusing your opponents of "BS" is very rich, given the arguments you read. I'd have docked speaker points for that.

Lol "Trayvon Martin". Trainwreck of an argument. Even if he'd said "Mike Brown", as he meant to, that would have been a very weak warrant.

Kicked out of politics very sloppily. Affirmative should have exploited that, probably. I wasn't flowing though, so maybe you would have been okay.

1AR didn't address your arguments about funding blackmail, possibly never flowed them. Only reason you won the round.

Edit: this was backwards, I confused you and your partner. Do you not know which color gray is?  :x

An additional comment: I thought you (yes, actually you) did a good job. Even though your arguments were low quality, you did good managing them. Do more research before the round and you will do excellent.

Edited by Chaos
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Terrible round.

Your DAs were awful. Ukraine modeling scenario, imaginary free trade agreement, both so stupid. Affirmative failed to point out the stupidity of the Ukraine scenario - lucky for you.

Your partner went pretty fast, if that's a lay judge. Also, swearing was unnecessary. You did it too, later on. Accusing your opponents of "BS" is very rich, given the arguments you read. I'd have docked speaker points for that.

Lol "Trayvon Martin". Trainwreck of an argument. Even if he'd said "Mike Brown", as he meant to, that would have been a very weak warrant.

Kicked out of politics very sloppily. Affirmative should have exploited that, probably. I wasn't flowing though, so maybe you would have been okay.

1AR didn't address your arguments about funding blackmail, possibly never flowed them. Thus, no offense against the counterplan. Only reason you won the round.

tough crowd

• Upvote 6

Terrible round.

1AR didn't address your arguments about funding blackmail, possibly never flowed them. Thus, no offense against the counterplan. Only reason you won the round.

Yeah I fucked up on saying Trayvon Martin but I think the judge knew what I meant.

I also did pretty much fuck up on kicking ptx and realized it within a good 30 seconds of it (Being that they had offense) 

Also, to put in perspective of how bad that tournament was, I went 6-0 undefeated and bye'd to quarters, won that, stepped over another Oregon team who we would have hit in semi's (but were 5-1), and then our A team won their semi's round vs UC Berkeley so I ended 2nd place since our A team had slightly higher speaks. 

If someone as shitty as me can pull a 2nd place and an NPTE qualification than you all have no excuses to not win the NPTE. 

• Upvote 4

I always imagine people on forums to look like their avatars, but RainSilves doesn't actually look like this:

photo-180662.jpg?_r=1420079755

I am disappoint

I just really like Serial Experiments Lain.

• Upvote 1

If someone as shitty as me can pull a 2nd place and an NPTE qualification than you all have no excuses to not win the NPTE. 

*casually scrolling through cross-x*

Yeah I fucked up on saying Trayvon Martin but I think the judge knew what I meant.

I also did pretty much fuck up on kicking ptx and realized it within a good 30 seconds of it (Being that they had offense) 

Also, to put in perspective of how bad that tournament was, I went 6-0 undefeated and bye'd to quarters, won that, stepped over another Oregon team who we would have hit in semi's (but were 5-1), and then our A team won their semi's round vs UC Berkeley so I ended 2nd place since our A team had slightly higher speaks. 

What teams did Oregon bring to that tournament? And that rez sucked. Unfortunately, a lot of smaller tournaments tend to have awful resolutions. But even at Mile High this year, there was a rez that said the ICC should open an official investigation of Israel's actions in the Palestinian territories, so that round was just a clusterfuck for everyone on the aff. The rez should've just been "Resolved: Let's piss off Israel." 

"Wow that person is a real let down I always thought they were better at debate from their shit tons of posts but they're just really bad holy crap wow"

I know you were joking, but as a show of solidarity I'd like to admit that I have a similar issue. I think it's actually common, for people to appear much more competent online than they do in person. I'm quite bad at extemporaneous speaking of any kind. It's much easier for me to write out my thoughts slowly than for me to create and articulate ideas on the spot. My speeches typically had a couple large pauses in them where I'd have to stop and think, whether because I'd forgotten what I meant to say, because I'd run out of ideas, because I'd been hit with a tiny attack of nerves, or because my ideas were too complex to explain to the judge without taking some additional time to refine them.

So, I guess what I'm saying is that even though RainSilves had a bad performance in this round, that doesn't mean his ideas should be ignored or that he should lose any rep.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

I know you were joking, but as a show of solidarity I'd like to admit that I have a similar issue. I think it's actually common, for people to appear much more competent online than they do in person. I'm quite bad at extemporaneous speaking of any kind. It's much easier for me to write out my thoughts slowly than for me to create and articulate ideas on the spot. My speeches typically had a couple large pauses in them where I'd have to stop and think, whether because I'd forgotten what I meant to say, because I'd run out of ideas, because I'd been hit with a tiny attack of nerves, or because my ideas were too complex to explain to the judge without taking some additional time to refine them.

So, I guess what I'm saying is that even though RainSilves had a bad performance in this round, that doesn't mean his ideas should be ignored or that he should lose any rep.

i_hug_that_feel.png

• Upvote 4

I would like to erase any small amount of humility I still have and claim that I normally give far better speeches. 

I mean, just look at the empiricis! https://www.tabroom.com/index/tourn/index.mhtml?tourn_id=3559

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1