Neg strat against Data Mining Aff

This weekend my partner and I broke to quarters and hit an affirmative based on data mining which we had never seen before. We wound up running Apoc K, Hilman K, and a bunch of impact turns. The entire round equated to who won the framework, so we wound up narrowly losing on the discourse of the Hilman kritik because it wasn't explained very well. I am looking for community input on a more organized neg strat against the affirmative. The PT is something along the lines of: The USFG ought to increase investment funds towards NASA for oceanic data mining(the harvesting and application of data).
The aff predicates advantages off of being able to use the data for warming adaptation, as well as being able to use the data to pinpoint pirates and prevent LNG tankers from exploding or being sabotaged.

• Upvote 1

We're past the tipping point for warming, Pirates good cuz pirates aff, LNG tankers don't explode, and double turn: either non-inherent because we already know what to look for, or we don't, in which case they have no idea whether or not they can actually solve or not. Then just hammer on the timeframe debate.

We're past the tipping point for warming, Pirates good cuz pirates aff, LNG tankers don't explode, and double turn: either non-inherent because we already know what to look for, or we don't, in which case they have no idea whether or not they can actually solve or not. Then just hammer on the timeframe debate.

That's why the aff seeks to "adapt" to warming

That's why the aff seeks to "adapt" to warming

I'm pretty sure McPherson would say that's bullshit

That's a double bind not a double-turn. Huge, decision-altering difference. Double turns are a link/impact turn which amounts to a self-inflicted offensive mistake, they mean round over unless there's a clever way out (or they aren't double turns), double binds are argumentative flaws which resolve in a defensive argument or a utility for an offensive argument (like a link) which make the round more difficult to win (or complicate the decision), but aren't pen-droppers.

• Upvote 2

I'm curious on what the inherent barrier was framed as?  The aff so sounds just like hey lets cut a check for this already existing program and just increase it.  They need a warrant somewhere that the aff is key.

That's a double bind not a double-turn. Huge, decision-altering difference. Double turns are a link/impact turn which amounts to a self-inflicted offensive mistake, they mean round over unless there's a clever way out (or they aren't double turns), double binds are argumentative flaws which resolve in a defensive argument or a utility for an offensive argument (like a link) which make the round more difficult to win (or complicate the decision), but aren't pen-droppers.

Whoops, I knew that.  Slip of the keyboard

I'm curious on what the inherent barrier was framed as?  The aff so sounds just like hey lets cut a check for this already existing program and just increase it.  They need a warrant somewhere that the aff is key.

What the team argues is that agencies such as NASA have large amounts of data but then they say the data isn't really useful for some reason, and thats when they claim that data mining solves for the clutter of unuseful information that these agencies have.