jenxtang

Best West Coast Debate Camp?

Hey all, i was wondering what debate camp you all would recommend i go to. I'm a novice this year and my budget is $5000>. I would prefer going to a 3 wk camp but feel free to leave suggestions for camps with more or less weeks.

Edited by jenxtang

OGDI (The one at U of O) mite be cool, so could PDI (The one at Lewis and Clark). I might actually be a lab leader at OGDI. 

Hey all, i was wondering what debate camp you guys would recommend i go to. I'm a novice this year and my budget is $5000>. I would prefer going to a 3 wk camp but feel free to leave suggestions for camps with more or less weeks.

this is 2015 rlly

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

this is 2015 rlly

oh..i didnt realize i put that there...sorry, I'll change it/try my best to refrain from doing that in the future

Edited by jenxtang
  • Upvote 2

I went to WNDI (Whitman) last summer and I would very highly recommend it. It's a bit less K oriented but as a whole it's a fantastic program. 

I did Gonzaga's two week program last year and although it wasn't super long looking back there is no way that my season would have been as successful as it was if I hadn't gone. Policy debate made little to no sense in my mind before camp and this year I debated varsity on the national circuit and ended with a 3-3 record at the majority of them. I'm returning to Gonzaga for five weeks this summer as there are so many things I love about that camp. I understand a three week program would be most ideal for you in which case Michigan has a great three week program.