jai127

U of Oregon "Playbook" (Backfiles)

^^^ I think this is awesome. Always loved Oregon from an athletic standpoint (except this last BCS National Championship), but I never knew much about their debate programs. Any team who is willing to do something like this for the benefit of the community are what allows debate to prosper in the first place. Thanks for the post (upvoted). Shout out to any team who does this

• Upvote 3

As a final thought, this year our team went through some very dark times. Just showing up to tournaments was hard. We often listened to music while traveling and doing debate work, so we leave you with this thought from the Blue Scholars’ "Yuri Kochiyama" that really kept us going during some of the hardest moments, “You coulda said it quits many times/ever since and you find/there will always be a reason for the fist/The last one to hold him coulda been somebody else/you’d still be remembered for the people that you helped/ they said keep tryin’/but never losin’ hope/revolutionaries die, but the revolution don’t/and it won’t”.  

Just looked this song up.  Decent as hell

Alas, Liz and Kehl both went to the high school I'm currently attending, AND really helped me improve at camp over the summer with LARP stuff (what we tricky LDers call policy debate things). This is so like them to do this, and their file will hopefully help some of y'all.  :flower:

As having debated Liz and Kehl both while they attended Oregon (always loved that transhumanism K of theirs), I can attest as to how well researched their files are. I can also attest that Oregon is one of the best squads on the parli circuit, always being friendly and inviting to everyone. Oregon was the first squad (particularly Oregon BG) that told me my performances and what I had to say mattered in debate. 

tl;dr: Oregon's playbook is super well done, and it's great that they're sharing with everyone. 

Edited by KarlLikeMarx
  • Upvote 2

I would highly recommend just downloading it and spending maybe 10-20 minutes a day to read it over. I find that a lot of their blocks and arguments are quite unique and interesting in the way they can be ran. A great read for anyone trying to improve their skills.

• Upvote 1