KritikallySound

As of right now- Who da best?

Those who are aware how shitty things are in Missouri, and desperately want to debate at a higher level, beyond the shit slinging that occurs at most tournaments. 

I don't think MKSPHR falls under shit slinging, however we can agree to disagree on that point it's whatever.

However this statement is exactly how my partner and I, and our independant coach, feel, and I thank you for bringing it up. I could spend days talking about how intellectually oppressive this circuit is and how most coaches just re-entrench the shitty ideals that make the circuit fucked. <---- keep that in mind come around this time next year, is all I'll say at the moment.

Not saying 1 off anthro is a great strat either, but at least we have a solid record against quality competition. Also, I don't read Anthro to be a troll... It is a straight up K with common answers, unlike Monkeysphere (Which btw most debaters group with arguements like timecube and ashtar) which are run for the "shock and awe" factor against lower quality competition who freeze up in those rounds.

Damn you and  your one off anthro.  :P

• Upvote 1

Those who are aware how shitty things are in Missouri, and desperately want to debate at a higher level, beyond the shit slinging that occurs at most tournaments. 

I don't think MKSPHR falls under shit slinging, however we can agree to disagree on that point it's whatever.

An agrument could be made that monkeysphere is poop slinging, but that comment was more about how the average round goes. Monkey sphere is a "let's get fucked up" type argument. That's point 1.

I'll refrain from making any more comments about Monkeys and their spheres, i feel like the cards are on the table. Monkeys out of the barrel, so to say. lol

However this statement is exactly how my partner and I, and our independant coach, feel, and I thank you for bringing it up. I could spend days talking about how intellectually oppressive this circuit is and how most coaches just re-entrench the shitty ideals that make the circuit fucked. <---- keep that in mind come around this time next year, is all I'll say at the moment.

I have 2 questions in response to this. EDIT: I should really count my questions...

1. What shitty ideals are your speaking to? I think I agree with that statement, but I want to know more.

2. What am I waiting for around this time next year? I'll be gone....

Running non-tradtional arguments in our area in front of lay judges is a destructive practice that will most likely hurt the progression of MO debate, rather than help it grow. You send the wrong messages to parents, teachers, faculty, etc. I know you don't give a shit, that's cool. I get that. But take thatlay judge at BS for instance. Legit she will never judge again. Almost pulled her kid out of debate. After a long convo with our coach, it was established that those rounds aren't the norm. Being a troll has it's benifets... but confusing the shit out of lay judges isn't one of them. Sends the wrong message to the community.

My advice, wait for the judging. Then let shit get weird with the right opponent.

But really you are opening yourself up to satire bad.

Edited by LordDebater
  • Upvote 2

It sends a message that we're tired of the absolute shit, lay orientated judging pool that continues to be deconstructive to debate itself, or at the very least, that these judges shouldn't be used in play-off rounds.

Got the same beef. Takes a lot out of a man to lose in quarters at MSU 1-2.. when only the quality judge votes for you. That's actually a horrible problem for BS debaters. We lose lay rounds, lol.

Also, that was a prelims round, right?

I LACK THE ENERGY TO KEEP THIS CONVERSATION GOING.

You all should check out my forum doe

http://debatestrat.com

message me for a discount on my extemp program

Got the same beef. Takes a lot out of a man to lose in quarters at MSU 1-2.. when only the quality judge votes for you. That's actually a horrible problem for BS debaters. We lose lay rounds, lol.

Also, that was a prelims round, right?

I LACK THE ENERGY TO KEEP THIS CONVERSATION GOING.

You all should check out my forum doe

http://debatestrat.com

message me for a discount on my extemp program

It was quarters. And yeah, the beef is real.

And will do, I'm aware of your forums. Checked them out last year after we met and hit and you knocked us out of state-qualifier quarters haha.

Have a good one. 

Edited by JulianBHS

It was quarters. And yeah, the beef is real.

And will do, I'm aware of your forums. Checked them out last year after we met and hit and you knocked us out of state-qualifier quarters haha.

Have a good one. 

I like to promo the site any way I can, lol

Lol, monkeys actually sling shit.

• Upvote 2

I have 2 questions in response to this. EDIT: I should really count my questions...

1. What shitty ideals are your speaking to? I think I agree with that statement, but I want to know more.

Anti-k mentalities, super lay heavy tournaments, washy, rudimentary arguments, etc.

2. What am I waiting for around this time next year? I'll be gone....

You'll probably hear about it.

Running non-tradtional arguments in our area in front of lay judges is a destructive practice that will most likely hurt the progression of MO debate, rather than help it grow. You send the wrong messages to parents, teachers, faculty, etc. I know you don't give a shit, that's cool. I get that. But take thatlay judge at BS for instance. Legit she will never judge again. Almost pulled her kid out of debate. After a long convo with our coach, it was established that those rounds aren't the norm. Being a troll has it's benefits... but confusing the shit out of lay judges isn't one of them. Sends the wrong message to the community.

It sends a message that we're tired of the absolute shit, lay orientated judging pool that continues to be deconstructive to debate itself, or at the very least, that these judges shouldn't be used in play-off rounds. First time judging and put in an out-round? Are you kidding me? That's the problem with the MO circuit. The judging pool and ideals reinforced by coaches just absolutely fucks real debate. Hence why Nat circuit teams rarely compete in our tournaments and we get spanked at Nationals. and this scope is far beyond monkeysphere itself, I'm talking about k debate in general now.

And yeah, I don't give a shit that it turns me and my partner off from parents, teachers, coaches, etc. or that they get the wrong message about, because my intent is to debate intellectually and not the same rudimentary crap. i.e. why I run a Heidegger Aff. We are the debaters, we create the discourse. The system doesn't exist w/o us, it depends on us. why continue to bend to getting fucked over from debating real policy? Yeah, I could just wait patiently for CEDA, which is a year and a half away for me, but why just waste away and be BORED debating for the NSDA.

When I debated in the MO circuit, I did both. I debated lay when I needed to, and had fun with speed/national-circuit debate when I had the correct judges for it. Part of succeeding is learning how to adapt. I understand that it may seem okay to alienate coaches, teachers, etc, BUT these are the same people that run our tournaments and help things run smoothly. If your area was like mine, we had a good mix between national-circuit style debate and lay/Missouri style debate. Sure, the system "doesn't exist w/o" you, but it also doesn't exist without the people you're trying to alienate through your methods. 

Also, debate is what you make of it. If you run only open evidence arguments and keep old arguments, it'll be boring. If you cut new non-open source affirmatives, cut a lot of blocks, and create creative negative arguments, you'll have a good time.

Edited by ktg9616

Also, debate is what you make of it. If you run only open evidence arguments and keep old arguments, it'll be boring. If you cut new non-open source affirmatives, cut a lot of blocks, and create creative negative arguments, you'll have a good time.

You're saying copy and pasting from open evidence and running a spending DA isn't how to have fun in policy? 

• Upvote 5