Arsenal

Financial Aid or Scholarships for Debate Camps

Do you guys know any good scholarships specifically awarded for debate camps? I'm not afraid about being applicable to their financial aid/scholarship criteria?

What are some ways to get to camp besides relying on my parents, getting a job, or waiting for donations from peers?

I applied to CNDI/GDI Swing lab and asked for financial aid(both for being UDL, and merit based) what I did was apply online at their website and also checked the "UDL Scholarship" and "Merit Based Scolarship". For the merit based you need a letter of recommendation from a coach or lab leader. In addition to having my coach write a letter of rec, i included a short letter on my behalf asking for aid and what not. I'm waiting to hear back because my coach sent in the letter yesterday afternoon.

What i would highly recommend is just straight up emailing the head of the camp at the institute you are applying to, explain your situation(why debate matters a ton to you, how much you can spend, why you can't afford full tuition, etc.) After that, just see where it goes from there I guess.

Best of luck!
  • Upvote 1

I know that some camps have the option of financial aid on their applications too such as xylum, gdi, northwestern, ecli, a few others too. Overall i would recommend getting in touch directly with the person in charge right after submitting the application though.

Edited by adchavez4

I know that some camps have the option of financial aid on their applications too such as xylum, gdi, northwestern, ecli, a few others too. Overall i would recommend getting in touch directly with the person in charge right after submitting the application though.

I applied to CNDI/GDI Swing lab and asked for financial aid(both for being UDL, and merit based) what I did was apply online at their website and also checked the "UDL Scholarship" and "Merit Based Scolarship". For the merit based you need a letter of recommendation from a coach or lab leader. In addition to having my coach write a letter of rec, i included a short letter on my behalf asking for aid and what not. I'm waiting to hear back because my coach sent in the letter yesterday afternoon.

What i would highly recommend is just straight up emailing the head of the camp at the institute you are applying to, explain your situation(why debate matters a ton to you, how much you can spend, why you can't afford full tuition, etc.) After that, just see where it goes from there I guess.

Best of luck!

About what percent did they decide to help you on? 

I'm honestly trying to pay little to none (not by choice ofc), yet unfortunately, I'm not a UDL student but I know I can qualify based on merit and income criteria. 

I recently got into GDI on a scholarship of nearly 1/3 of the total price. However, I've never heard of anyone get a scholarship so big they ended up paying little to none. Regardless, it's almost guaranteed that you will get some financial aid. My record was appalling last year yet I still got around 250.00 as a scholarship. Definitely apply for a scholarship and have your coach write you a kickass recommendation letter. You have nothing to lose after all(:

I hope everything works out for you!

I recently got into GDI on a scholarship of nearly 1/3 of the total price. However, I've never heard of anyone get a scholarship so big they ended up paying little to none. Regardless, it's almost guaranteed that you will get some financial aid. My record was appalling last year yet I still got around 250.00 as a scholarship. Definitely apply for a scholarship and have your coach write you a kickass recommendation letter. You have nothing to lose after all(:

I hope everything works out for you!

Brah like GDI is the closest you can get to that: i applied for swing lab   , and am paying around the same with an eh record 

so good luck!

But if u want the low price right off the back : Weber State i heard is good        and Kansas , but depends on location of nation you are

Do you guys know any good scholarships specifically awarded for debate camps? I'm not afraid about being applicable to their financial aid/scholarship criteria?

What are some ways to get to camp besides relying on my parents, getting a job, or waiting for donations from peers?

Check out the digital debate camp for an affordable alternative to the traditional camp experience.

• Upvote 1

About what percent did they decide to help you on? 

I'm honestly trying to pay little to none (not by choice ofc), yet unfortunately, I'm not a UDL student but I know I can qualify based on merit and income criteria. 

Whoops forgot to respond.

To answer your question: swing lab is about $4,800 and will be paying a total of $2,750. I got $1,800 off and switched to a partial meal plan(lunch and dinner, no breakfast) and that's where I got the other $250 off.

Edited by adchavez4